Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Peculiar feeling left chest, angiogram 4 years, normal - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
User :   Sir, I am 38 years old. I have a peculiar feeling in my left chest always. Almost all day. When I breathe in full I feel it goes for some time. I did angiogram 4 years back but it was normal. But it irritates me and feel asense of fear
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   Dr AAAAAAA here
User :   hello
User :   Som here
Doctor :   please describe your symptom in detail
User :   I have a peculiar feeling in my left chest
User :   Its not a pain as such a pinch kind of feeling
Doctor :   please provide your age, gender, height, weight, details of past medical illness ad treatment if any.
User :   38. male, 5'6'' , 73 kg, on bp medication for last 4 years mantain normal
User :   I did angiogram 4 years back for this pain it was normal
Doctor :   do you have associated symptoms like palpitations, sweating, breathing trouble, chest tightness, chest pain radiating towards jaw, shoulder or arm?
User :   No
Doctor :   are you regular in taking your medications?
User :   Yes
Doctor :   are you following diet changes for blood pressure like low salt and less oil?
User :   yes sir
Doctor :   your BMI (body mass index) is elevated to 26, normal in between 19-24
Doctor :   your ideal weight for height should be between 60-70 kgs
User :   Ok
Doctor :   focus on weight reduction and right eating habits with 3 vegetables and 3 fruit servings per day.
Doctor :   get a repeat ECG done if the symptoms occur very often.
User :   I did ECG many times but dr says its ok
Doctor :   then it could be related to being overweight, your symptoms will improve with weight managment
User :   Sir what is the best option or procedure to know that my heart is ok
Doctor :   a complete and thorough check-up again will help to know the current status of problems.
Doctor :   since last angiogram was 4 years ago, you should consider getting a repeat check done by a cardiologist
User :   Ok
User :   Thanks
Doctor :   is there anything else I can help you with?
User :   I am tensed and scared regarding the pain in chest
User :   It is almost 4-5 years I feel the pain almost all day
Doctor :   please rate pain intensity on scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest pain.
User :   Intensity 1
Doctor :   do you have other symptoms like nausea, upper stomach discomfort, chest burning sensation, belching, burping?
User :   I have problem of gas sometimes
Doctor :   are your pain sensations worse on days you have 'gas trouble'?
User :   Yes
Doctor :   then these could be related.
User :   My back right behind the chest also feels discomfort at that time
Doctor :   take Tab Prilosec 2 times a day before food for 1 week
Doctor :   if symptoms improve continue to take it
Doctor :   if symptoms remain the same or go worse, then go ahead with repeat cardiologist opinion and further investigations
Doctor :   have you followed what I have said?
User :   Ok
User :   Yes
Doctor :   is there anything else I can help you with?
User :   Prilosec is it available everywhere
Doctor :   yes, it is available, if you do not get it, you can ask for Cap Ocid 20 mg. it is an Over the counter medication
Doctor :   thanks for consulting me. bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor