Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Pancreatitis, endoscopic procedure - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Dr XXXXXX here
User :   Hi I have been dignosed with pancreatitis
Doctor :   Please proceed with your health query.
Doctor :   May i know your age?
User :   And My doctor has detected stones in pancreas
User :   I am 32
Doctor :   Since how long were you detected of having pancreatitis?
User :   My Doctor is suggesting for ERCP so that he can put a stunt (pipe) to align the stones in pancreas and If that is not adgusted in 2 months he is suggesting for open surgery for bypassing
User :   Since last 2 years
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Pancreatitis can be due to many reasons as trauma, infection, stones
User :   So I wanted to know is there any alternate to dissolve the stones in pancreas without operation (i.e. like laser technology for blasting stones)
Doctor :   How many stones are there?
User :   I think one stone of 3.7 mm
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Are they multiple or single?
User :   I am not sure abt it, to be honest
Doctor :   Ok
User :   I just called up XXXXXXX Institute of gastroentrology XXXXXXXX, they said there is a treatment to blast the stones in pancreas
Doctor :   ERCP is an endoscopic procedure done by gastroenterology specialist
Doctor :   . In this procedure, a side-viewing endoscope is passed through the patient's mouth, down the esophagus, through the stomach and into the duodenum.
User :   Correct, but I dont want to go for ERCP
User :   So is there any hospital in XXXXXXXX which can do the blasting of stones in pancreas
Doctor :   Give me a moment
User :   All my concern is I want the stones removed from pancreas with operation
User :   Sure
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   You can consult Dr XXXXXXXX Bhatt in XXXXXXX Hospital
Doctor :   In XXXXXXXX
User :   Cud you pls give his number if available with you
Doctor :   You can contact the hospital and get the number.
User :   Thanks so much, I will consult Dr XXXXXXXX Bhatt
Doctor :   0000 its XXXXXXXXXXXX no, you can contact there
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor