Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Painless ulcer on penis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User :   i have a hole in the skin of my penis. i am seriously addicted to masturbation and it has caused the hole to get slightly larger over the last 5 weeks.
Doctor :   hi
User :   hello
Doctor :   Dr. XXXXXXXX here
Doctor :   please describe your symptom in detail
User :   just below the head of my penis, i have a small hole, probably half a centimeter in diameter
Doctor :   where is the hole situated which you talking about? do you mean to say that it is the meatal opening
User :   it's maybe 2 or 3 millimeters deep
User :   the hole is situated on the right side of my penis
User :   it's a break in the skin
Doctor :   is this the same hole from which the urine or semen comes out ? or is it a different one?
User :   no. it's a different hole
User :   it's been there for about 5 weeks
User :   and it's slowly getting larger
User :   nothing is coming out of it, but the skin around the hole is white
Doctor :   if you are able to send me a picture of it, please send it to YYYY@YYYY , such that I can have a better understanding of what you saying.
User :   ok give me a second
Doctor :   sure. tell me when you have sent it.
User :   just sent
Doctor :   ok. let me check if I have received it
Doctor :   ok. I just saw it
Doctor :   is it a painless ulcer? is there any discharge from it?
User :   there is no discharge, and it's relatively painless
Doctor :   are you sexually active? have you had any intercourse before it appeared?
User :   i haven't had intercourse in about 18 months. this just showed up 5 weeks ago
User :   i masturbate several times a day
Doctor :   when was the last time you have has an unprotected intercourse?
User :   2 years ago
User :   and i've never had irritation before
Doctor :   ok. the picture that you have sent of the lesion on penis, suggests possibility of a syphilis ulcer
Doctor :   since it is painless and with no discharge and appearing almost 1 and half years later
Doctor :   i would recommend you to get it examined by your physician and get STD screening tests to confirm the syphilis
Doctor :   if the cause is found to be syphilis, you would require treatment with Penicillin group of antibiotics
Doctor :   and further tests to see the extent of the disease
Doctor :   it has no relations to masturbation, you can continue to do it
User :   it couldn't be from constant friction?
Doctor :   but if you plan to have any sexual intercourse, make sure you use condoms
Doctor :   no, constant friction wil not lead to painless ulcer
Doctor :   it will be more like a rash or a skin abrasion like picture
Doctor :   have you followed what I have said?
User :   yes. i'm terrified
Doctor :   is there anything else you would like to ask me?
User :   there's nothing else it could be?
User :   can you give me some hope?
Doctor :   do not worry, focus on early start of treatment, you would be fine and be able to avoid further complications
Doctor :   associated with it
User :   how much time do we have left?
User :   to chat that is
Doctor :   get and appointment schedules as early as you can
Doctor :   you have another 1 minute left
User :   is siphylus curable?
Doctor :   if treatment is started early, it is curable
User :   thank you for your help
Doctor :   with the complications kept under control
Doctor :   is there anything else you would like to ask me?
User :   no
Doctor :   Please fill the feedback form say done when done
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me. Bye for now. Please chat with our doctors 24/7 for medical queries. Please refer your friends to our service

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor