Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Painless swelling on forehead. What could it be? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 01-Mar-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1238 Questions
User:Hi, i have a painless swelling on my forehead and between eyebrows and nose.

what could be the reason for the same?
User:hi Doctor,
Doctor:How long have u had the swelling ?
User:just 2 days back
Doctor:Can u tell me the size, shape, and color of the lump ?
Doctor:was there any form of injury, before it started ?
User:There is no lump as's just a normal swelling like a sponge
User:there was no injury
Doctor:so it can be pressed with a finger ?
Doctor:and does it change shape, as such when pressed ?
User:actually this has happened to my husband..
User:what could be the reason?
Doctor:the most likely cause of such a lump, could be a collection of fat called Lipoma,
Doctor:OR it could be a cyst or a large acne , in the initial stages
User:what could be the reason?
Doctor:since it has started in the last 2 days, you can watch it for a few days
Doctor:in case there is development of redness, pain, or increase in size, etc, then it will need a course of antibiotics and inflammatory medications
User:there is no redness nor pain..but it has spread from forehead towards nose
Doctor:as i said, you can watch it for a few more days
Doctor:in case the rate of enlargement is increased, look for symptoms like headahce, nausea, vomiting, etc
User:does this occur due to any food allergy or something like that?
Doctor:in case such signs are present, you will need to consult a doctor for a examination and proper testing
Doctor:no, it is probably either due to a skin infection like acne or pimples
User:last week my husband took some ayurvedic treatment for his hair wherein it resulted in pimples on the head..can this be related to the swelling?
Doctor:yes, it is definitely due to a pimple which is large in size
User:now the pimples have dried up..
User:does he have to take some medicine or wait for 1 or 2 days
Doctor:yes , she can wait for a few days and watch for the symptoms i mentioned earlier
Doctor:in such a situation, consult with a doctor for a prescription of antibiotics
User:also Doctor, he is suffering from cold & slight cough.. lot of mucus is formed in his body..
Doctor:when was this ?
Doctor:this could be due to bacterial sinusitis , and treatment with antibiotics , will clear the infection
Doctor:in the mean time, he can use KARVOL PLUS INHALANT, which you can add to hot water , and then inhale the steam
User:he had slight cold last week but now he has lot of mucus..
Doctor:You can also directly inhale the contents of Karvol plus inhalant caps
Doctor:The directions are provided at the back of the medication, which he can read carefuly and use them
User:sure.will do that... & if the swelling worsens then will consult a doctor..
Doctor:I hope all your concerns have been addressed
User:yes...thank you Do tor
Doctor:Is there anything I can help u with ?
User:sorry doctor..
Doctor:You are very welcome
User:can you help me with a good gyanecologist in Bangalore?
Doctor:please give me a few mins
Doctor:You can consult Dr XXXXXXX Bhat at Manipal hospital
User:sure Doctor..
User:Thank you
Doctor:You are welcome
User:Good night
Doctor:take care and bye for now
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor