Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Painful lump with discharge below the penis head post gonorrhea treatment - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Penis Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   Hello, I was recently treated for gonorrhea for which I went on an antibiotics course that lasted 4 days. (I had a full STD test done at the same time).The yellow liquid that came out of my penis stopped a day after I stopped the treatment. It's now been two weeks since taking the treatment and there are two usual things I have subsequently noticed: 1. There is a small hardish lump just below the penis head under the skin that is not really visible, however I first noticed it when touching my scrotum. It seems to have grown a bit in size as well. Its not big, smaller than the size of my small finger nail and does not hurt.
2. My underpants show signs soiling, not much at all, however I can't visibly see anything oozing out of my penis. Nothing like when I had gonorrhea.
Is there anything I ought to do?
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   Dr XXXX here
User :   Hello
Doctor :   please give me few moments to read what you have typed.
Doctor :   is there any foul smell in your penis discharge?
Doctor :   is there itching, burning sensation associated?
User :   NO to both questions
User :   when I get an erection though, the spot where the lump is hurts a bit.
Doctor :   is the 'lump' painful?
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   does it pain when you touch it in flaccid state of penis?
User :   no
Doctor :   is there any color change of skin over the 'lump'?
User :   no
Doctor :   is the 'lump' soft, firm or hard in consistency?
User :   I'd say is not overly hard, more something between between soft and firm
Doctor :   Is the 'lump' more evident in flaccid state or erect state of penis?
User :   More evident I'd say when flaccid
Doctor :   ok, then it could be the changes in the veins draining the penis. do not worry about it unless it gives you pain, discomfort, itching, foul discharge.
User :   What about the pain when I am hard, as that anything to worry about?
Doctor :   if the lump stays the same then it is fine. if you feel that it is increasing in size, then you will need to get it examined by an Urologist or Andrologist
User :   And the discharge in my underpants - is that related do you think?
Doctor :   the pain that you get when in erect state is not normal. since when you have noted the pain?
User :   two days ago I first noticed the minor pain (more an irritation)
Doctor :   does the entire penis pain for you or only at the site of the 'lump'?
Doctor :   please describe the pain that you are having in detail.
User :   Only pain where the lump is, like just below the head. Not a real pain so to speak, just that I am aware of something uncomfortable
Doctor :   ok. then you can wait and watch, it might not be anything serious unless it it increasing with time or if it is associated with any of the above said symptoms.
Doctor :   avoid masturbation and or intercourse for a week or two and see if it improves
User :   OK. Thanks
Doctor :   have you followed what I have said?
User :   Yes, thanks. If pain persists I'll go and see a Urologist.
Doctor :   is there anything else you would like to ask me?
User :   Only the discharge in the underpants - is there a relation?
Doctor :   could you describe the discharge in detail please?
User :   Not much discharge sort of dirty creamish colour does not seems to unusual, only more than what I usual have
Doctor :   ok, it is associated with any altered smell as compared to your usual discharge?
User :   No
Doctor :   ok. is the discharge more after taking the medications? or was it more after the infection?
User :   Seems to be more associated with the appearance of the limp
User :   lump
Doctor :   ok. then in that case I would recommend you to get it examined along with getting the discharge tested for infection (culture sensitivity test).
Doctor :   to identify if any infection is there.
User :   Who would I go and see?
Doctor :   an Urologist or an Andrologist would be fine.
Doctor :   once the infectious agent is identified, appropriate treatment can be started
User :   OK. Many thanks That's all for now. Bye
Doctor :   thanks for consulting me . bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor