Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Painful boil in the armpit - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   How can ihelp you
Doctor :   are you there
User :   yes
Doctor :   Please provide your age, gender, location, occupation, marital status,
User :   21, male, AAAAAAA student, single
Doctor :   ok
User :   i have a boil(sp?) or ulcer under my armpit that seems to be filled with fluid. kinda reminds me of impetigo
Doctor :   since when oyu have this
User :   about 5 days
Doctor :   any fever, itching
Doctor :   Are you taking any medications for this
User :   no
Doctor :   do you have boil in any other areas like face
User :   no
User :   just the under-arm
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   do oyu shave you underarms
User :   no
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   is the discharge, watery or thich and yellow
User :   no discharge yet. but it does seem to be filling with fluid
Doctor :   any pain you have
User :   when pressure is applied
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   i will give some advices
Doctor :   Soothe it with heat. Try treating the boil with a hot compress
User :   k
Doctor :   after hot compression the boil will ruputure
Doctor :   tke a painkiller if pain is severe like Tab Combiflam 3 times a day for 3 days
Doctor :   Apply neosprin ointment after hot compression
Doctor :   Do hot compression 2-3 times a day
Doctor :   keep the arm pit clean by washing with warm water with mild soap
Doctor :   are you there
User :   do you know of any brands of compresses?
Doctor :   like
User :   can i find them at the grocery store?
Doctor :   you can take a clean kerchief, soak it in hot water and drain, later keep this kerchief over the under arms and slightly give compression
User :   cool
Doctor :   and then apply the ointment 2-3 times a day
User :   ok. sounds good
Doctor :   if the boils become big, any fever, severe pain you may need oral antibiotics
User :   k
Doctor :   Please fill the feedback form
Doctor :   any other queries
User :   no thank you

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor