Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Pain on the top of the foot only on playing sports - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the trial chat with our doctor. This chat is only to provide you an idea how an actual chat would be like. Please note that the time of this chat is insufficient for the doctors to provide you a detailed answer to your questions. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page and you can select a package of your choice.
Doctor :   Hello
Doctor :   Dr XXXXhere
Doctor :   How may i help you ?
User :   Hi, I have a pain on the top of my foot, it doesn't hurt whilst I'm walking around but when I start playing sport it starts to hurt on and off. I play a lot of sport especially netball and football. I have been looking at websites and the one that sounds most like it is inflammation of the extensor tendons of the toes.
Doctor :   You need to give it complete rest for 3 weeks
User :   Ok thanks for your help.
Doctor :   Sports injury are common and are characteristics of the pain only when you play
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor