Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Pain management for pain in rib cage area due to accident - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2585 Questions

User :   hi
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can I help you?
User :   I just wanted to confirm tht a few days back i was in dubai
User :   and met with an accident in which this buggy overturned and i fell
User :   i got hit at my ribcage area
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   i will help you
User :   which pained a lot
Doctor :   ok
User :   i got my xray done
User :   bt there is no fracture
Doctor :   ok
User :   however after 10 days it is still paining
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   do not worry
User :   and i can feel the pain nw in my back
Doctor :   i will explain
Doctor :   so you had an accident ten days back
Doctor :   right?
User :   yes
Doctor :   did you have any sweeling in that area?
User :   not at tht time
Doctor :   ok
User :   bt nw i can feel some swelling
User :   there
Doctor :   did it develop later?
User :   yeah
Doctor :   if it has developed later it
User :   and i can feel an internal injury
Doctor :   means that blood has accumulated
Doctor :   in that area
Doctor :   under tension under the skin
Doctor :   until it gets absorbed you will have
Doctor :   pain
Doctor :   however it will reduce gradually
Doctor :   with time and medications

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor