Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Pain in vaginal area - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   hello
User :   who is there ?
Doctor :   I am Dr XXXXXXXX here.
Doctor :   Please proceed with your query.
User :   i m feeling pain .
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Can you explain?
User :   ???
Doctor :   May I know the location of pain?
User :   in my pvt parts !!
Doctor :   Since when are you having the pain?
Doctor :   Do you have any problem while passing urine?
User :   no
Doctor :   Do you have any discharge?
Doctor :   Are you running fever?
User :   discharge ????
User :   no fever
Doctor :   May I know your age and gender?
User :   im 26 female
Doctor :   Is the pain related to menstrual period?
Doctor :   Is the pain crampy in nature?
User :   no imnot having periods
User :   now
Doctor :   Since when are you having the pain?
User :   last 5 hrs
Doctor :   Have you seen a doctor?
Doctor :   Are you taking any medications for the pain?
Doctor :   Are you there?
User :   yes
User :   im here
User :   noo
Doctor :   Do you have any discharge per vagina associated with the pain?
User :   did not understand ???
Doctor :   Is there a history of recent sexual intercourse?
User :   yes
Doctor :   Are you bleeding?
Doctor :   Pain following a sexual intercourse can be due to trauma
Doctor :   or due to genital infections.
User :   no im not bleeding
Doctor :   A physical examination and pelvic examination will be necessary to differentiate among these.
Doctor :   Hence, i suggest you to consult a gynecologist for pelvic examination.
Doctor :   Have you followed what I have suggested?
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
User :   no i cant here no female doctor
Doctor :   Ok,
Doctor :   Then I would suggest you to follow these measures.
User :   i had sex after six months can it be the reason
User :   or the way we had it ?
Doctor :   1. Use simple analgesics such as ibuprofen one tablet for the pain now and twice daily for next 2 days after you food.
User :   ok
Doctor :   2. Watch out for these symptoms
User :   ??
Doctor :   pain or burning sensation while passing urine,
Doctor :   pain spreading to the lower back
Doctor :   fever,
User :   lower back ?
Doctor :   white discharge, foul smelling discharge.
Doctor :   If you notice any of these symptoms, you will have to consult a gynaecologist.
Doctor :   You may need antibiotics.
User :   no its not like these symptoms just a pain like pinching
User :   aching there
User :   specially on back
Doctor :   Since, I am unable to visually examine you, I cannot differentiate fi the cause was a due to the trauma or due to an infection.
Doctor :   The medication will help you for the pain, but a pelvic examination is necessary for pinpointing the exact cause.
User :   can it be due to the position ?
Doctor :   Position that were strenuous may have added to the pain,
Doctor :   The symptoms, that I had mentioned were signs of infection, in which case you need antibiotics.
Doctor :   Muscular aches due to position will settle with the pain killers.
Doctor :   Have you followed what I have suggested?
User :   yes but i think then it might be due to it as i never tried it before and it was hard
User :   possible ?
Doctor :   Probably,
Doctor :   But, I would like you watch out for symptoms of infections too.
Doctor :   as similar symptoms are also known to occur due to infections.
Doctor :   Have you followed what I have suggested?
Doctor :   Do you have any other query?
Doctor :   It seems you have moved out of the chat window. Please log in back if you have medical queries
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor