Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Pain in upper right side of chest - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2584 Questions
User :   hi
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Iam.Dr...
Doctor :   Please post your query
User :   I am finding some probem in my right side of chest since almost 1 year
Doctor :   May i know your age and gender?
Doctor :   What exactly?
Doctor :   is it pain or swelling?
User :   I am male and 28 years old
User :   its pain only
Doctor :   Do you have any other disease?
Doctor :   ok
User :   no but I do have some back problem
Doctor :   Do you have pain while breating in?
User :   no
Doctor :   Any history of trauma or fall?
Doctor :   Where exactly is the pain on right side?
Doctor :   What aggravates the pain?
User :   upper side of chest
User :   I feel that there is some weight lting on right side of my chest
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Do you feel breathless?
User :   no
Doctor :   Do you smoke?
User :   no
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Is the pain there always?
User :   My back pain is sinelast 6 yrs
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Did you take xray of chest and back?
Doctor :   Do you have cough?
User :   For back i did
User :   no cough
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   do you have pain when you press on your chest on the bony areas?
Doctor :   The causes of chest pain range from non-serious to life threatening
Doctor :   Most often in young it is musculoskeletal pain
User :   Chest is not paining constantly but I feel that some weight is lying there.
Doctor :   that is pain from muscles and bones
Doctor :   IS it there always?
User :   yes
Doctor :   DO you have high blood pressure or cholesterol?
User :   BP is normal
Doctor :   ok
User :   cholesterol-i have not checked
Doctor :   Anyway take an xray chest pa view
Doctor :   and an ECG test too
User :   ok
User :   R u going to see the report?
Doctor :   Both will give any idea about cardiac and musculoskeletal diseases
Doctor :   No you may seek the help of your local general physician
Doctor :   And get an physical examination done
User :   where do u sit?
User :   ok
User :   Pls also advise me for my back
Doctor :   ok
User :   I got hurt in gym 6 yrs back and there after its paining on and off
Doctor :   What is the finding in xray back?
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Do you have heavy exercises in gym daily?
User :   not now
Doctor :   Do you have any disc prolapse?
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Is there pain down your leg?
User :   Lower right side if back
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   No radiation to legs?
User :   no pain in leg
Doctor :   Low back pain (or lumbago) is a common musculoskeletal disorder affecting 80% of people at some point in their lives
User :   So what is the treatment
User :   Is it advisable for me to join gym or not?
Doctor :   Most often, the symptoms of low back pain show significant improvement within a few weeks from onset with conservative measures.
User :   pls let me know
Doctor :   how long you have this pain?
User :   6 yrs
Doctor :   A number of recommendations which may help alleviate symptoms include applying heat or cold,physical therapy, and continue activity within the limits of the pain with bed rest being discouraged.
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Dont go to gym now
Doctor :   Firm mattresses are less likely to lead to improvement when compared with a medium-firm mattress
Doctor :   Short term use of pain and antiinflammatory medications, such as NSAIDs or acetaminophen can help with the symptoms of lower back pain.
Doctor :   Even when the pain is severe, some activity is still preferable to prolonged sitting or lying down, as long as it does not involve movements such as heavy lifting that would further strain the back
Doctor :   Exercise appears to be slightly effective for chronic low back pain
User :   "antiinflammatory medications, such as NSAIDs or acetaminophen "-what is this
User :   U want me to take these medicine
Doctor :   Are you doing any back exercises now?
Doctor :   it is paracetamol or others like volini gel
User :   I do but not regularly
User :   I feel good whenever i do exercise
Doctor :   Did you get any relief from them in long term?
User :   Can u send me some exact exercises which will help by mail
User :   Not in long term but whenever i do After 6 or 7 hours I feel good
User :   Whenever I take rest ,my pain increases
User :   Ca It be sorted out by any minor operation
User :   Is there Any specilist whom youn recommend
Doctor :   All exercises are to be shown and teached better
Doctor :   So i would advise an physiotherapy help to strengthen your spinal muscles
User :   Any physiotherapist you can recommend
Doctor :   Did you understand what i said?
User :   U want me to consult a physiotherapist for exercise. correct?
Doctor :   Meet anyone from your locality
User :   ok
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   Those are simple excersises anyone can teach
User :   After mt chest x ray .Shall i contact u?
Doctor :   Dont worry some spinal excersises will relieve your pain
Doctor :   yes sure
Doctor :   Do take ECG too
User :   ok sure
Doctor :   Spinal muscles strenghtening excersises will have to be practiced
Doctor :   is there anything else i can help you wiyh now?
User :   nothing else.Thanks and will getback to u once I go through my x ray
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting..Bye for now....
Doctor :   Take care...
User :   bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor