Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Pain in the thumb joint - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: General Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions

Doctor :   HI
Doctor :   Tell me
User :   Hi .. I am having a pain in my thumb joint for the past 1 year
Doctor :   ok
User :   It was while I was swimming and I crashed it on the sides of the swimming pool
Doctor :   Please provide these details of the person-Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Weight and Height.
Doctor :   ok
User :   Its a small pain but its there all the time
Doctor :   did you get any X-Ray done at that time to rule out a Fracture
User :   no I did not go for the X-Ray
User :   I thought it might go away with time .. but it persists
Doctor :   well i would suspect it to that you might have developed a Fracture of the thumb Joint and after that may be 4-6 weeks since you have not taken adequate measures you would have
Doctor :   developed a healing oif the joint in a direction away from the normal and hence
Doctor :   it shall need a repeat X-Ray and after that the further management to get it
Doctor :   sorted
Doctor :   But if you need we can arrange for an appointment with the specialist here in Bangalore and
Doctor :   you can get the expert opinion in that

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor