Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Pain in the right side of the back,treatment - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Back Pain
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Hi Doc
Doctor :   Please proceed with your query
User :   Good Afternoon Doc
User :   I have a pain in the right side of my back
User :   just above the buttock
User :   its like a needle poke but i cannot move for some time
Doctor :   ok
User :   after i relax, its oka
User :   i cannot bend and lift things up
Doctor :   may i know your age, height, and weight /
Doctor :   ?
User :   it pains
User :   i am 34 years old
User :   5 ft 4 inches approx
User :   weight not sure not checked recently
User :   maybe 64 or something
Doctor :   ok
User :   i delivered a baby 8 months back
Doctor :   have u got any Xrays done lately?
User :   i got this pain during my pregnancy
User :   no nothing
User :   shud i go to an Orthopedic
Doctor :   can u describe me the pain, and its site ?
User :   its like a shooting pain
Doctor :   I mean to ask, where does the pain originate, and does it radaite anywehere ?
User :   right side, behind, above the buttock
User :   goes to my leg
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   this seems to be like sciatica, which is due to a pressure on the nerve root in the hip area
User :   that is exactly what i thought of
User :   please help me
Doctor :   I would advice you to see a orthopedician, and then, he will prescribe you medicines, initially after examineing you
Doctor :   oince the severity of the condition is noted
Doctor :   if les severe and no need of intervention - medical line of treatment , with physiotherapy and medications to relieve the pain can help
Doctor :   also heat application and streching excercises will also help
User :   if severe then
User :   i am so scared
Doctor :   If possible try to lose, some weight by diet and excercise and this will reduce the severit y
Doctor :   there is nothing to be scared of
User :   ok Doc, thanks for the assurance
User :   my hands are just numb typing - i am so nervous
Doctor :   there are many women, who get sciatica during or after pregnancy and this will receed over time
User :   thank you so much for this
Doctor :   you can take B12 & folic acif tabs, which will help yoiu
User :   do i need to join a gym to reduce
User :   please recommend a tablet name and i wil take it
Doctor :   if its very severe ,a MRI can be done to note the severity and also to know if the Spinal cord is being compressed
Doctor :   but inspite of doing a MRI, most of the time, medical line is used to some time to see if the condition is releived
User :   ok
Doctor :   try aceclofenac tab for the pain,
Doctor :   apply heat over the affected parts
Doctor :   do some streching workout s
User :   yes ok
User :   ok
Doctor :   as well try to reduce the weight as i said earlier
User :   Yes doctor, thank you so much for all your help
Doctor :   you can get B12 and Fa supplements - neurbion forte
Doctor :   neurobion forte - is the pill you can take once daily for 1 month
User :   yes i will Doc surely
Doctor :   this is not for treatment, but as a supplement to prevent nerve damage
User :   ok
User :   after a month i have to stop it
Doctor :   But , a physical examination , will definitely needed, to know how severe it is affected
Doctor :   you can continue iot for 2-3 months
User :   yes i will
Doctor :   in case the pain is severe the doc, will give you medicines, which will help the pain
User :   yes
User :   sure thanks
Doctor :   check this link for doctors in AAAAAAA
User :   yes surely thanks
Doctor :   and u can choose any one from them
Doctor :   you are welcome
Doctor :   please remember to leave your feedback as u log out
Doctor :   thanks for consulting me here
Doctor :   bye for now
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor