Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Pain in the pelvis region after sex - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Women Sexual Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3631 Questions
Doctor :   hi
User :   hello
User :   my name is
Doctor :   hi nice to meet you ,
User :   you too
Doctor :   how can i help you ?
User :   I am have some pain in my pelvis region and it has been going on for awhile it starts up after my boyfriend and i have had sex but it hasnt been as bad as it is now. We havent done it for a week and i am still in a lot of pain. i think it just might be a yeast infection but im not sure.
Doctor :   do u have any discharge of any kind ?
Doctor :   may i know ur age ?
User :   im 21
User :   i dont really have any just the kind that comes before i start my period
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   when did u have your last period ?
User :   end of jan/ beginning of feb. i have a 6 week cycle
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   do u have this pain everytime you had intercourse ?
User :   sometimes. but this time the pain hasnt stopped. its bearable but doesnt keep me from doing my day to day things
Doctor :   and does it hurt during sex as well ?
Doctor :   can u describe the pain, is it like burining ?
Doctor :   any pain on urination ?
User :   it does hurt when we have sex but its not a burning its like muscle soreness. not no pain on urination
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   do u feeel that there is dryness while having sex ?
Doctor :   do u get normal lubrication during intercourse ?
User :   not at all
Doctor :   the most common causes of pain after sex, that persist,include mucosal tears within the vaginal wall
User :   we use slicon based lubrication during intercourse
Doctor :   ok, that is good
Doctor :   the other cause is damage to the cervix, due to deep penetrative sex, this is called cervicitis
Doctor :   do u have any fever, or abdominal pain etc ?
User :   just abdominal pain
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   In that case, you can take some adequate rest and some ADVIL or motrin for a few days
Doctor :   this will reduce the inflammation
Doctor :   this should increase the healing of the wounds soon
User :   ok thats great to know :)
Doctor :   if the pain is very unbearable, and soon u develop any bleeding , discharge , nausea, vomiting or other symptoms , ..
Doctor :   it could be due to infection
User :   ok
User :   what would i do then?
Doctor :   and you might need to get some antibiotics for proper treatment
User :   ok
Doctor :   until then , advil and vitamin C tablets will help
User :   will do
Doctor :   take some probiotic supplements as well
User :   what are probiotic supplements?
Doctor :   they will help the growth of normal and good bacterial growth
User :   ok
Doctor :   in the vagina
Doctor :   and help with the healing
User :   ok
Doctor :   have u understood my advice ?
User :   i have thank you so much
Doctor :   thanks for consulting me here ,
Doctor :   you are most welcome
Doctor :   take care
Doctor :   have a good day
Doctor :   bye for now
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor