Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Pain in the neck and shoulder - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hello
Doctor :   Dr XXX here
Doctor :   How can i help you?
User :   hi my name is XXX
User :   i have been having neck and shoulder pain for past one week
User :   and the pain goes down to my elbow and finger on my right hand as well
Doctor :   May i know your age and occupation?
User :   i have had tendonitis before
User :   i am 27
User :   and work as a consultant for an XXX
Doctor :   When did you had tendonitis?
User :   2005
User :   then my family also has a history of spondilytis
Doctor :   Were you on any medications for that?
User :   i took naproxen
User :   the pain is exacerbated when i use the computer
Doctor :   Is the pain periodic or continuous? Is there nay swelling or any other symptom?
Doctor :   *any
User :   i dont notice any swelling
User :   but yeh the pain is continuous
Doctor :   Pain can be due to various reasons as muscle injury, trauma, bone injury. Computer related injury etc.
User :   i am not too sure who i should see
Doctor :   1)Take tab D
Doctor :   *Take Tab Ibuprofen daily twice
Doctor :   2)Apply Relaxyl ointment
User :   i have been using volitra ointment
Doctor :   3)Use hot water bag 3 to 4 times a day
Doctor :   4)Avoid using computer for some time.
User :   how long tho?
Doctor :   If all these do not help you at all then you need to get it examined by a orthopedics and may require investigations like X ray to see the exact cause.
Doctor :   At least for a week
User :   ok
Doctor :   Also you can go for some Physiotherapy exercises which will help in relieving the pain.
User :   could you recomment an orthopedician?
User :   i am new in XXX
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Which city are you based in?
User :   XXX
User :   in XXX
Doctor :   Give me a moment
Doctor :   WWW.WWWW.WW
Doctor :   You can visit this link
User :   thanks
User :   is volitra ointment (rambaxy) not effective
User :   or do i have to use relaxyl
Doctor :   Is there anything else you would like to know?
Doctor :   You can use that also.
Doctor :   Since it seems more like a CRI you can go for physiotherapy exercises.
Doctor :   They do help
User :   why do you think its CRI?
User :   can i go for physiotherapy without seeing a doctor
Doctor :   The type of pain and since its getting aggravated by using computer but nothing can be confirmed.
User :   ok
Doctor :   No it will be better to get yourself examined by Ortho first
User :   ok
Doctor :   Is there anything else you would like to know?
User :   no thank you dr
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me, bye for now
Doctor :   Take care
User :   bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor