Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Pain in the knee after doing running exercises ,treatment - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2559 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Hello Doctor
Doctor :   How can i help you?
User :   I'm feeling pain in probably the bones just below knee cap, it's more when I'm doing some running exercise.
User :   I'm not sure why this is & whom to consult regarding this.
Doctor :   Since when are you having this pain? Also may i know your age?
User :   I'm 27
User :   It's been some 2-3 months that this pain is noticeable.
Doctor :   Is there any other symptom associated?
User :   No, it just pains more when I jog or run. And since it's nt a joint, I'm nt sure why it pains.
User :   It will also pain at that time, if I press there wid hand.
Doctor :   Is there any burning or itching? Is it also present when you walk ?
Doctor :   Did you have any injury or fall?
User :   Dont feel it. No, I dont remember any such injury.
User :   Even now if i press, it pains...a little.
Doctor :   It can be due to various causes as injury, muscle pull, ligament injury, overstretching etc.
Doctor :   1)Restrict jogging for some time as it is increasing your pain.
Doctor :   2)Apply Ralaxyl ointment on the affected area thrice daily.
Doctor :   3) Apply hot water bag on it thrice daily.
Doctor :   *Relaxyl
Doctor :   4) If pain increases you can take DOLO 650 mg
Doctor :   5)You can have some physiotherapy sessions as they will help in healing.
User :   ok Doctor. I was a llittle worried because it's unusual to feel pain in the bone. I've heard of muscle pain, joint nt this type of pain.
Doctor :   If all these things do not help you at all then you need to get it examined by a orthopaedic and also may require X ray to see the exact cause.
Doctor :   You can get it examined by an Orthopaedic then and get some investigations like Bone Scan done to see the exact cause.
User :   ok Doctor. Thanks for your suggestions. Will see a Orthopaedic.
Doctor :   Is there anything else you would like to know?
User :   No. Nothing for now.
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me, bye for now
User :   Bye.
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor