Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Pain in the hip which radiates to the calf - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   I have to close this chat window as you have moved out of the chat. Please log in again if you need further medical advice.
User :   Hi doctor
Doctor :   hi
User :   need some help
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   I have a nagging pain in my right hip radiating to the rt. calf muscles
User :   should I do some x-rays or CT Scans
Doctor :   since when
User :   05 days
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details -Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Dependents: Yes/No
Doctor :   do u have weakness or loss of sensation as well in the right lower limb?
User :   age:42, Male, height, height, married, 3 dependents
User :   no weakness or loss of sensation
Doctor :   r u diabetic or hypertensive?
User :   nil
Doctor :   any other medical problems u have
User :   none
Doctor :   get a MRI done
Doctor :   i suggest u to get a MRI done
User :   of which region
User :   of my leg
User :   ??
Doctor :   lumbosacral region
User :   what probably could be the reason
Doctor :   (lower back)
User :   okay
Doctor :   cause could be made our
Doctor :   only after clinical examination and correlating with MRI findings
User :   does it have anything reltaed to long distance car driving
Doctor :   not necessarily
Doctor :   Do you smoke or chew tobacco/drink alcohol/Any illicit drugs/ betel nut chewing? If yes how much/how often?
User :   nil
User :   becos - I remember very well - it all happened after my retrun trip to chennai last week-end
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   did u have any injury ot trauma to back or lower limb?
User :   no
User :   is it anyway genetic or herdeitary
Doctor :   anytime before u had similar complains
User :   my father is a patient of chronic backache
Doctor :   but knowing the cause
User :   no
Doctor :   with history alone it is diffult to say
Doctor :   without knowing the cause
User :   whom should I consult for my problem
Doctor :   u can consult physician
Doctor :   he will refer you if u need further evaluation
User :   should I see an ortho dr.
Doctor :   u can see physician
Doctor :   he will refer u to orhtopaedician if need arises
Doctor :   he needs to rule out any medical problems first
Doctor :   anything else u want to know about
User :   okay, thanks
User :   bye
Doctor :   ur welcome
Doctor :   thankx for visiting healthcaremagic
Doctor :   have AAAAAAA
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor