Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Pain in shoulder while using computer - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2585 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
Doctor :   are you there
Doctor :   I have to close this window since there is no response from your side, please get back to us if you need further medical advice. We are available from 9AM to 9PM IST everyday
Doctor :   Hi.
User :   hi doctor
Doctor :   Are you back?
Doctor :   Hi.
User :   Since 6 months ago i experienced some pain my right shoulder expecially when i use computer
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Was there any trauma?
Doctor :   any accident?
User :   no any accident
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Is there any tingling and numbness?
User :   I think it is something relatd to too much working on computer
Doctor :   any weakness in the right hand?
User :   no weakness and when I let the compuer and go away the pain also disappear
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Do you type evenly with both your hands or do you use your right hand more?
User :   It is burning pain when I work too much
User :   I type almost evenly with both hands
Doctor :   Are you able to rotate your right shoulder?
Doctor :   Or is there any pain during certain movements?
User :   yes i can rotate
Doctor :   Is there any pain while rotating?
User :   no any pain during certain movement
Doctor :   Is there any neck pain also?
User :   sometimes I have stiff neck
Doctor :   Do you have any other health problems like diabetes?
User :   no diabetes but i am hypertensive but mild one
Doctor :   I suggest that you try to rest in between long hours of your work. Take frequent breaks every hour or two for a few minutes.
Doctor :   We will send you a document on simple exercises that can be done while sitting before the computer.
Doctor :   Is the pain present at a single area or is it diffuse?
User :   it is difuse all aroung the shoulder in the back side
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   I suggest that you apply hot fomentation
Doctor :   whenever the pain is unbearable
User :   Ok what is hot fomentation
Doctor :   Applying hot water compresses with a towel
Doctor :   You should also try to avoid sleeping on your right side.
User :   Ok i see thank you I will and appreciate if you send me also simple exercise document
Doctor :   Please fill the feedback form say done when done
Doctor :   YYYY@YYYY
Mobile : 0000 Please confirm your details
Doctor :   Have you filled the feedback form which I have sent?
Doctor :   Are you there?
Doctor :   I have to close this window since there is no response from your side, please get back to us if you need further medical advice. We are available from 9AM to 9PM IST everyday.
User :   yes
Doctor :   Hi.
Doctor :   Are you back?
User :   yes
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Is there anything else I can help you with?
User :   No thank you I will be awaiting for your exercise docunmet
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   We will send it in 24 working hours
User :   thank you very much
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Bye for now
Doctor :   YYYY@YYYY
Mobile : 0000
Doctor :   pls confirm your details
User :   yes it is correct
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting Health care magic. Bye for now. Please refer your friends to our service.

Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor