Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Pain in hip after an injury - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   I am 60 & was riding my bicycle on Thurs when I felt I had exerted myself enough & did not want to attempt to ride up an incline. I thought I had stopped the forward movement & started to get off my bike when I lost my balance, falling on my butt, hard, while reaching out to stop my fall with my left hand. My left hand took a bit of the fall & has felt as if I jammed it & since purchasing a brace, feels better, but my bottom still hurts enormously! If I try to kiegle, it really hurts. I tell you this so you can have a better idea of where it hurts. Sitting, lying in bed, all seem to cause achiness. Is there anything I can do to help the healing process & could I have broken or cracked anything?
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   please give me time to read
Doctor :   have u seen a doctor for this?
User :   no
User :   i have no insurance & only work part time
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   is there any swelling??
User :   hard to tell on my butt! a little bruising but no noticable swelling
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   your gender?
User :   female
User :   do you know what it means when I say kiegle?
User :   it's not an exercise a man would or could do
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   i didnt understand the word kiegle
User :   it's an exercise of the vaginal area to strengthen the muscles for birthing
User :   what kind of dr are you and in what country are you located?
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   i am a general physician from ...
Doctor :   here we normally dont use that word
User :   it's a specific exersice for preganant women
User :   i am not preganant, just an exercise i've used for nearly 40 yrs
Doctor :   in our contest we normally know it is a pelvic floor exerscise to control incontinence of urine
User :   same thing
User :   at least now you know where i hurt
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   as ur age is 60 now ur bones would have become weak
User :   yes, my 25 yr old reminds me of that
Doctor :   they cant take the same impact as when u are young because of bone weakening a process which is called as osteoporosis especially more common in women
Doctor :   but if u are feeling unbearable pain then u should at least go for X RAY to rule out any possible dislocation or fracture
User :   how does one dislocate their rear end?
Doctor :   the major joint there is hip joint
Doctor :   so there might be mild dislocation due to the impact
User :   yes, but wouldn't i feel pain in the hip? & if it's fractured, how does one put a bottom in a sling?
Doctor :   normally at young age it doesnt happen at 60 as the ligaments are weak so chances are there
Doctor :   sling is not the treatment for that
User :   i didn't think so
User :   any idea on how long to heal? if it is just bruised?
Doctor :   first let us confirm if there is some thing wrong with the hip joint
User :   ok
Doctor :   by an xray\
Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor