Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Pain in back of hands - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions

Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
Doctor :   please go ahead with ur medical query

User :   helllo, the back of my hand has been hurting and i think it may be tendanitis. what are the synptoms
User :   symptoms
Doctor :   since how long
Doctor :   which hand
User :   thursday
User :   i also play the flute and type and write daily
Doctor :   did u hurt your hand
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details of the person-Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Weight and Height.
User :   no left hand
User :   19 female college home not married 5 10 170
Doctor :   Pain,Tenderness, Mild swelling
Doctor :   these are symptoms

User :   pain and tenderness for sure. not sure about the swelling. how would a doctor test for it.
Doctor :   Xray may be dine
Doctor :   MRI is needed
Doctor :   to diagnose
Doctor :   an imaging test known as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) might be ordered to reveal any weakening or tearing of the tendon or changes in the tendon sheath or covering
Doctor :   along with blood tests

Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor