Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Pain in ankle and heel - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
Doctor :   hi
User :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help u
User :   my ankle and heel are hurting really badly. I can't sleep
Doctor :   since when
Doctor :   ok
User :   since friday
Doctor :   any injury u had
Doctor :   For health information Please fill these details -Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: User :   um my friend accidentaly pushed me into a metal door frame
Doctor :   did u get an Xray done
User :   nit yet
User :   not
Doctor :   get it done please
User :   ok i won't be able to get somewhere to have an xray until friday
Doctor :   Tab.Advil ds 400mg for pain
Doctor :   twice daily after food
User :   i have been taking tylenol and advil and it doesn't work
Doctor :   u might have had fracture
Doctor :   advil is only 200 mg
User :   but i didn't hit any bones on the door frame
Doctor :   advil ds is 400 mg
User :   i know i take 3-4 advil at a time
Doctor :   For health information Please fill these details -Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: User :   could i have re injured my tendons?
User :   18, female, student, central il, single
Doctor :   if u have used OTC's it is better to get a physical examination done
Doctor :   Please fill the feedback form while I type the information you needed.
User :   what is an otc
Doctor :   Over the counter drugs
User :   ok
Doctor :   like advil
User :   so do you think that i injured bones or tendons
Doctor :   only Xray or physical examination can tel
Doctor :   do u have any swelling
Doctor :   in the injured area
User :   some, on the top of my foot (where i previously tore tendons) and about 4 inches above my heel
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   that is the reason i want u to get a specialist evaluation
Doctor :   since this is online chat
User :   ok should i go to a bone doctor or my physical therapist
Doctor :   i would not be able to confirm the nature of the injury
Doctor :   yes bone doctor
User :   ok
Doctor :   at earliest
Doctor :   ok
User :   ok
Doctor :   anything else would u like to know about
User :   if you are pregnant are you allowed to have xrays
Doctor :   no
User :   ok
User :   so how will the doctor be able to find out what is hurt
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   if u had fracture
Doctor :   it can be made out on xray
Doctor :   if they suspect soft tissue
User :   i know but i'm 8 months pregnant
Doctor :   injury like tendon
Doctor :   then MRI might be needed
User :   ok
Doctor :   ur bone doctor would advise u
Doctor :   what test u need further when u go for evaluation
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor