Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Pain due to kidney stone, had an operation 3 yrs back - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Kidney Conditions
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2585 Questions
User :   Sir i am suffering frm kidney stone problem, today morning i got so much pain there anything which can delay this pain till next saturday, so that i can get it operated next week                                                                 
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   Dr. here
User :   hi sir
Doctor :   let me read what you have typed
Doctor :   when was the kidney stone diagnosed?
User :   i have taken a voveron in the morning
User :   3 years before
User :   i had an operation for that 3 years before
Doctor :   what is the intensity of pain on scale of 1-10 with 10 being maximum pain
User :   todays?????
User :   it would be around 6
User :   or 7
Doctor :   ok. are you on any medication?
Doctor :   how big was the stone upon diagnosis?
User :   no i have not taken any medicine for this for last 1 year
Doctor :   since when are you having the present episode of pain?
User :   just today due to pain i have taken voveron
User :   before 2 days i realised that it is going to atart again
User :   but today morning its intensity raised uop
User :   i am going uot this weekend so just want to ensure that it should be delayed till next saturday so that i can get the lazer therepy done
Doctor :   ok. since the pain intensity is on higher side, i would recommend you not to delay your visit to your doctor.
Doctor :   get a renal scan done to see th elocation of stone
Doctor :   *the location
User :   but i dont know the right person for this kind of consultation
Doctor :   and based on that you we can decide if your operation can be delayed or not
Doctor :   give me a moment, i will help you out
Doctor :
User :   when i checked last time the stones were of 2,4 and 6 mm
Doctor :   this link will give you list of urologists in
Doctor :
Doctor :   this will give you list of nephrologists in
Doctor :   you can select your area of location to locate doctor in your area or closer to your area
User :   who will be the suitable person to consult with
User :   ?
User :   Nephrologists or Urologists
Doctor :   it depends on the location of stone
Doctor :   if in kidney, nephrologist, if outside kidney, then urologist
Doctor :   first get a renal scan with kidney function tests done
Doctor :   and then based on the results decide whom to continue the consultation with
User :   these doctors will have this facility of renal scan with kidney function tests right?
Doctor :   if they visit any nursing homes, they shoul dhave them
Doctor :   best would be to go to a multispeciality hospital where you can get all investigations and consultations under one roof
User :   thats the thing doctor
User :   but i have to be aware of those
User :   i am not able to decide
Doctor :
Doctor :   visit this link to locate hospital in your area
Doctor :
Doctor :   visit this link to locate multispeciality hospital near your area
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor