Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Pain due to descended testicles - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Testicle Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
hi im a concerned mother because my 1o year old boy today complained of his right testical hurting.Ive had a look nothing looks out of the ordinary no lumps no alone with my two other boys and my husband is overseas.ive read that he might be reaching puberty and his testicals might be not sure and would appreciate some advice at this stage
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   I am Dr. xxxxxx
User :   I just need some of your thoughts as to what ive explained to you
Doctor :   I understand your are worried for pain
Doctor :   But the testcles are descednded
Doctor :   Is that true?
User :   yes he has pain in the right testical this started today.when he forgets about it he is ok ive looked at him and he looks ok no rednwss no lumps
User :   yes the testicals have decsended
Doctor :   Is there any redness ?
User :   he is 10 years old
Doctor :   For how many days he is complaining?
User :   just today no redness
Doctor :   There are called growing pain
User :   what does that mean
Doctor :   children get the pain but there is no real organic cause
Doctor :   It is functional Like muscle contractions ,
Doctor :   Did you see masturbating or manipulating?
Doctor :   Is there any trauma?
User :   how do i manage this problem i have intentions of taking to yhe doctor tomorow but how long do you think this will last for the pain
User :   none of the above you have mentioned
Doctor :   Because there are no grave reason in your child. and Many children complaina, we need to give assurance
Doctor :   Give Tylenol 250 mg when ever there is pain
Doctor :   TYou can also give Ibuprofen
Doctor :   It is good you have consulted a doctor and made things clear
User :   does this pain get better by the day or does he need medical attention for this
Doctor :   Yes
Doctor :   Kids will grwo out of these pains
User :   how common is this
Doctor :   Very common
User :   does it necesarily have to be in one testical or both
Doctor :   Some kids complain joint pains, some complain abdominal pain,
User :   so its ok just to be in one
Doctor :   Yes
Doctor :   it is ok to be in one
Doctor :   Give assurance
Doctor :   Give some pain medicines
User :   tank you very much
Doctor :   Make sure he is wearing some kind under wear
Doctor :   to support the testcles
Doctor :   It should not be too tight
User :   ok good night
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Thank you fr consulting
Doctor :   Bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor