Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Pain between scrotum and rectal area possibly infection or prostatis - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Infections
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   are you reel doctors
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   I am Dr XXXXXXXX
User :   hello
User :   are you a reel qualified doctor?
Doctor :   Yes i am a General Physician
User :   Can i describe the problem i have and is this confidential?
Doctor :   Sure you can and this is very much confidential.
User :   ok - i have this pain between my penile and rectum and have had it for about 2 weeks. more of a slight aching pain.. my pen** also aches a little. and now for some reason my lower ab has slight pain.
Doctor :   May i know your age?
User :   38
Doctor :   Is there any other associated problem like pain during urination or passing stools or any burning or any problem in intercourse?
Doctor :   Is there discharge or rashes on your penis? Is the pain constant or periodic?
User :   No pain passing stools or urination. I think it may have started when I went with a sex worker.. she gave a really rough HJ that hurt me.. 7 days after wards it was itching, about 2 weeks after that I went and got STI test.. all bacteria was OK. 4 days later there was pain in the penile then move down between rectum. No discharge or rashs on penis.. constant pain
User :   not hurting pain, more of a swelling pain
User :   it's gone in the morning when I wake up, but later in the day it appears
Doctor :   It can be due to various causes as infection, inflammation, allergy or prostatitis which is an inflammation of the prostate gland.
User :   I also was feeling nasua for about 5 days (just a little bit)
Doctor :   Sometimes it can also be due to sudden muscle spasm during the sexual encounter.
Doctor :   Since you are not having any other symptom it does not seem to be something serious.
Doctor :   If you notice any other symptoms as burning urination, pain during intercourse, pain during stool passage its need to be examined by a urologist.
Doctor :   You can also go for a complete urine examination to see if any infection is there.
User :   I did have some dierria yesterday, and have also a little bit of a sore lower stomach
Doctor :   It seems then you are having infection.
User :   about 10 days after the event I went and got STI done with a urine test, is that the same as what your talking about?
Doctor :   1) Take enough water
Doctor :   How long it has been since you had the previous test?
User :   about 3 weeks ago
Doctor :   2)Take any OTC Electrolyte solution and keep drinking every 2 to 3 hours
Doctor :   Any urine infection can be suspected after that also.
User :   what would be the best thing to do? i'm a little scared it might be HIV or somehings
User :   i have had this pain now for over 1 week now :-(
Doctor :   I will advise you to get yourself examined by a urologist and also investigated.
User :   what does a urologist do?
Doctor :   He will examine your penis and rectum for swelling or any other complain and also may do some investigations.
User :   ok - is that different from a normal gp?
Doctor :   Yes he may also do investigations like Rectoscopy
User :   ok
Doctor :   In this a rectoscope is inserted throughthe rectum and observed to see any inflammmation and swelling
User :   if i have a pain between rectum and penis, but also slight aching in penis.. does this sound more like an infection
Doctor :   It can be infection or prostatis.
Doctor :   Which is common inthis age.
Doctor :   It can also be confirmed by USG ans some marker tests
User :   ok so your suggestion would be see the urologist first.. i'm not sure if they have them in NZ
Doctor :   Yes it will be better
User :   OK ... i will try and track one down
Doctor :   All the Best
Doctor :   Take care
User :   do you think it's something serious?
Doctor :   I do not think so
User :   ok thanks - makes me feel better
Doctor :   Tc
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting me, bye for now
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor