Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Pain around the ovaries post sex - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Women Sexual Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2569 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   this might be a silly question....when my husband and i have sex it is painful around my right ovary
User :   and it has done that for a long time should i be worried
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details -Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Dependents: Yes/ No.
User :   23 female married have two children and i dont work and i live in louisian
User :   xxxxx
Doctor :   How long you have this problem
User :   well i had sex for the first time at 16 and im 23 now so about 7 years....but i never really thought much about it but it is really starting to be bothersome
Doctor :   How long you hae this pain
Doctor :   when did it start
User :   about a year or two
Doctor :   did you see a doctor
Doctor :   are you unsatisfied after sex?
Doctor :   You have to be fast
User :   yeas
User :   yes
Doctor :   WHat was teh doc opinin
Doctor :   Do you have any other problems relating to your genitals
User :   no other problems
User :   gyn done pap
User :   it came back abnormal
User :   and he told me to come back in three months
User :   oh and i have been having problems with my period since sep.2007
User :   hardly ever have one...dr done blood work and it showed female hormones were low
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   was the scan done
User :   what kind of scan
Doctor :   do you any discharge during or after sex? any blood?
User :   sometimes blood not always and sometimes like a white creamy discharge
Doctor :   Ultrasound scan
User :   no the gyn didnt seem worried about anything just told me to come back in three months for another pap
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   thats is fine then
User :   im just scared it might be something seriouse
Doctor :   did you address the issue to your gyn
User :   yeah
Doctor :   what did she say
User :   just told me to feel lucky about my periods...and to call for pap results...and i did and they were abnormal...and then i was told to come back in three months for another pap and that was it
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   I think your pain is not et answered
User :   is not what??
Doctor :   yet
Doctor :   answered
Doctor :   did yu try taking the
Doctor :   tylenol
Doctor :   bfre the sex
User :   no never thought about taking tylenol for sex but i can try it
Doctor :   if you have pain then to reduce the pain
Doctor :   but the cause should be answered first
Doctor :   could be a chronci infection
User :   ok
Doctor :   the chronic pelvic pain is to be sort out
Doctor :   like endometrisosi, fibroid, UTI
Doctor :   etc are to be chexcked first
User :   i had two c-sections could it be scar tissue causing it?
Doctor :   by the physical examination and a batter y of investigatins
User :   could scar tissue from my two c-sections be causing it?
Doctor :   it could be one of the reasons
Doctor :   but rare
User :   ok
User :   thank you
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor