Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Pain and swelling of hand in an arthritis patient - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 681 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you
Doctor :   Are you there XXXXXXXX ?
Doctor :   I have to close this window since there is no response from your side, please get back to us if you need further medical advice. We are available from 9AM to 9PM IST everyday.
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   Are you Back ?
User :   I am having pain in my right fore arm. there is swelling on the backside of my right hand. Please advise what to do.
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details of the patient-Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Weight and Height: Dependents: Yes/ No.
User :   patient age - 60 years, Gender - female, Occupation - xxxxxx , Married, Weight 65 kg. Height 5'1" Dependants - yes.
Doctor :   Since when are you having it and did you have a fall or any injury to your arm or Forearm some time back
User :   I am having it from 5 days back. I am having problemof arthirites also since long. I use to take pain killer - nimuslide, in case of acute pain.
Doctor :   Did you have a fall on your arm or got hit on the same arm
User :   no
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Is there pain on touch too at the site of swelling
User :   no
Doctor :   Is there any redness around the area of swelling
User :   no
Doctor :   Since at your age there are chances of having osteoporosis and Brittle Bones then there might have been the possibility of having
Doctor :   acquired a fracture and hence you are having pain and swelling
User :   Is it due to arthirites or some kidney or lever problem? Please clarify
Doctor :   so it will be advisable for you to get to the Orthopedic doctor and get it examined and take appropriate measures for the Fracture if any
Doctor :   Arthritis is Age related disorder
Doctor :   sometimes called degenerative joint disease or osteoarthrosis, is the most common form of arthritis.
User :   It is not due to some kidney or lever problem.
Doctor :   Osteoarthritis can affect any joint in your body, though it most commonly affects joints in your hands, hips, knees and spine.
Doctor :   No it has nothing to do with your renal Functions or Kidney and Liver Functions
User :   ok. thank you very much.
Doctor :   But there are conditions in your kidney that can cause similar picture
Doctor :   Please fill the feedback form say done when done
Doctor :   With regard to your age i would not suspect anything of that nature so you might need to meet your Orthopedic doctor only for now
Doctor :   Have you filled the feedback form which I have sent?
Doctor :   Are you there ?
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting Health care magic. Bye for now. Please refer your friends to our service
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor