Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Pain and bleeding in gums possibly due to inflammation - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Average Posted in: Dental Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you
User :   hello, is anyone there?
User :   am i talking to a specialist
User :   i need to talk to a dentist
Doctor :   You can ask your question
Doctor :   I shall help you'
User :   i have pain in my gums
User :   in the back tooth
Doctor :   SInce how long
User :   is it normal and will it go away
Doctor :   Pain in gums is not normal
User :   for the past three years on and off
Doctor :   For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details of the patient-Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Weight and Height: Dependents: Yes/ No.
User :   23 male SW engineer unmarried 80kg 171cm no
Doctor :   Do you bleed from gums?
Doctor :   when yo ubrush teeth or during food
User :   yes.. there is pain and bleeding and smetimes pus discharge when i press it
User :   a doc saw it and took an xray and said no problem at all
User :   but the problem is still there
Doctor :   Do you get attacks of pain
Doctor :   or continous pain
User :   continuous
User :   sometimes agrevated
Doctor :   Do you see any change in color of the gums then
User :   no slightly bluish
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   bleeding from gums can be due to inflammation of gums
Doctor :   or gingivitis
Doctor :   ru able to follow
Doctor :   platelet disorders
Doctor :   are you there
User :   yes
User :   i did not really understand
Doctor :   anytime u had blood tests done
User :   whats is a platelet disorder ?
User :   yes
User :   i had a blood test
Doctor :   conditions which cause less platelet in body or bleeding disorders
User :   and it was all normal
Doctor :   also it can be due to few blood thinners
User :   is this something i should talk to a dentist about ?
Doctor :   yes if the problem persists
Doctor :   u need to see a phyisican as well
Doctor :   and complete blood test
User :   why a physician ?
User :   my blood test was normal
Doctor :   do u have fever?
User :   no
Doctor :   it could be just inflammation of gums more likely
Doctor :   u need to consult a dentist
User :   oh, ok
Doctor :   anything else u want to know about
Doctor :   YYYY@YYYY
Mobile : 0000
Doctor :   confirm ur details
User :   no thank you
Doctor :   ur welcome
Doctor :   bye for now
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor