Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

PCR for HIV infected - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: HIV and AIDS
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   hello doctor
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   doctor i have a problem
User :   doctor i have aproblem
Doctor :   pls go on
User :   i had unprotected sex with a sex worker on sun night
User :   i must admit i was under the influence of alchol
Doctor :   what problem are you facing now?
User :   now i am very worried and need to get myself
User :   checked
Doctor :   How old are you?
User :   30
Doctor :   are you married?

User :   no
Doctor :   Do you have any other health problems?
User :   none that i know of
Doctor :   it is still too early for any tests to be done
User :   i heard about the pcr test
Doctor :   where did you meet the sex worker? do you suspect that she had any veneral disease?
User :   she is not of indian origin
User :   veneral..??
Doctor :   STI- sexually transmitted infection
User :   i couldnt tell doctor
Doctor :   even the PCR will take about 4 weeks to show up
User :   4 weeks..???
User :   i heard it can be taken within 2-3 days
User :   doctor can u please advise me on how and where i can take the tests as i am very worried about my insane act
Doctor :   I'm just checking on that with our senior Physician
Doctor :   it will take a minute
User :   thanks
Doctor :   PCR for HIV- can be detected in about 2 weeks
User :   ok
Doctor :   a test for the P24 antigen test done along with that
Doctor :   increases the sensitivity ( the accuracy of the result)
User :   during the same time
User :   2 weeks
Doctor :   The best thing for you to do is to contact a sexologist
User :   ok
User :   anyone in particular who i can expect the best advice
Doctor :   You can check out the search doctors feature - I think there are very few such specialist
Doctor :   You can find his details on our home page
Doctor :   under HIV specialists
Doctor :   Is there anything else I can help you with?
Doctor :   I have to close this window as there is no response from your side. Please get back if you need any medical advice.
User :   i am not aware of any sexologist can u please recomend
User :   i am not aware of any can u please recomend
User :   doctor

Doctor :   Hi
User :   can u please help me fix a appointment with a sexologist
Doctor :   Can I help you?
User :   sorry i can see the txt now
Doctor :   Can I confirm your details
User :   sure what kind
Doctor :   If you want us to fix up an apppointment for you we will need your contact details
User :   ok but i trust this is in total confidence

User :   i can give you my mobile number
Doctor :   Yes it is
Doctor :   Ok
User :   its 0000
Doctor :   If you are uncomfortable giving your mobile number you can
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   We will get back to you wit the detail
Doctor :   He is under HIV specialist
Doctor :   His number is 0000
Doctor :   Is there anything else
User :   ok i found him

Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Is there anything else
Doctor :   Bye for now.
User :   does he practise in a hospital also
Doctor :   You can contact him directly
User :   ok thanks for your advice
Doctor :   Welcome bye
User :   bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor