Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

PCOD treatment - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Women's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you?
User :   i am married and having PCOD problem, as per local doctors...could help me out for the same?
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   since when are you having this problem?
User :   please le me knwo what details do you required for the same.
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   what medications are you currently using for this?
User :   since two yrs. i m getting treatment for the same....
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   are your periods regular now?
User :   in last september laproscopy has been done...after that no result...2 IUI has been done. then also no results.
Doctor :   ok
User :   my periods are regular alwasy...
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   what was done in laparoscopy?
Doctor :   any drilling procedure?
User :   yes ovr. drilling has been done...
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   are you on clomid right now?
User :   i m not getting you...
Doctor :   what medications are you using right now?
User :   see i have stoped everything since one month...previously so many medicines was given by doctors...
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   is your body weight under control?
User :   i feel my everything was normal before treament, but after i start tratment my bliding flow got less then earlier...i increased by 4 inches...
Doctor :   as it may have some effect on the process
Doctor :   ok
User :   my height is 5 ft. and weight is 51 k.g
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   when was IUI done?
User :   before two months 2nf IUI was done.
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   then you may have to consider
Doctor :   IVF
User :   see i met two bigest gyn. doctors but i feel they are doing marketing with patients...1st they are doing bad mouthing for other doctors, and then convin. for their treatment.
Doctor :   ok
User :   but after not getting any result when we ask question they will give negative answer and pressurizing for TTB- test tube baby, which we dont want.
Doctor :   the problem here is that
Doctor :   some peolpe do not respond to the regular
Doctor :   pcos treatment
Doctor :   as you said that you have tried all medications
Doctor :   then IVF might have to be considered
User :   i done treatment for two yrs. 1st they are saying you dont have that much high PCOD problem, but we are trating u for fast result...
User :   but after not geting result they are saying you have high PCOD.
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   as i said some people dont respond well to the regular drugs
Doctor :   even ovarian drilling works in only 80%
User :   unusal hair growth, weight gain, eregular periods is the symt. for PCOD i believe, but i m having none of them..
Doctor :   do you have any other health problem?
User :   no.
Doctor :   they can present without the usual symptoms also
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   any diabetes in the family?
User :   no.
Doctor :   ok
User :   my mothers fertility was very high...even i dont have any herid. in family.
Doctor :   have you ruled out other causes of infertility?
Doctor :   did you get your husband evaluated?
User :   like?
User :   yes...doctors seen his all the reposts, which is very normal infect good..
Doctor :   for infertility?
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   if you can remeber the drug nmames
Doctor :   it could be help ful
User :   To be very frank we dont want to go for IVF, could you please suggest some other good option...?
Doctor :   you can try drugs like clomiphene citrate
User :   glycomet is the regular one i believe.
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   clomiphene citrate is used in infertility
Doctor :   in pcos especially
Doctor :   do you remeber using any drug like that?
Doctor :   clomid is its brand name
User :   once only.
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   for how long?
User :   see i have to check all the priscription, then only i can confirm.
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   it should be used for 6 cycles atleast
Doctor :   each lasting for 5 days
Doctor :   with a gap of 20 days
Doctor :   i suggest you check
Doctor :   if this has been done in your case or not
Doctor :   if yes
Doctor :   then you may not have another alternative but ivf
User :   letovel was also prescribed by them.
Doctor :   as you are using glycomet what is your blood sugar?
Doctor :   now?
User :   they have never checked.
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   i suggest that you get your sugar levels checked once
Doctor :   FBS, PPBS
Doctor :   We suggest to get the investigations done at an accredited and barcoded lab, like THYROCARE. You can find out the nearest location at WWW.WWWW.WW
User :   this reports was done once but as per them its normal.
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   if all traetments have been tried and failed
Doctor :   IVF is a reasonable option
Doctor :   i suggest that you check if clomiphene was given as per the schedule or not
User :   i can revert in 10 minutes.
Doctor :   you can login back
User :   thanks.
Doctor :   your chat will be store din our database
Doctor :   Please fill the feedback form say done when done
Doctor :   YYYY@YYYY
Mobile : 0000- Please confirm your details
User :   ok
Doctor :   anything else now that i can help you with?
User :   no. Thanks for your valuable time.
Doctor :   you are welcome
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting Health care magic. Bye for now. Please refer your friends to our service
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor