Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

PCOD, taken novelon and glyciphage for 3 months - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Women's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   Hi! I am 28 years old and my doctor said like I have PCOD and she kept me on novelon and glyciphage(metformin) for 3 months for my periods to be regular and she asked me to stop after my period in the 3 rd month. As she said I stopped the tablets and me and my partner participated in the intercourse for every alternative day after my period in the 3 rd month. My period was due on 6th of May but I has not come yet and took my home pregnancy test which resulted negative. But I have not used my first urine in the morning. Please tell me why I missed my period.
User :   hi
Doctor :   HI
Doctor :   I am
Doctor :   Let me read your query
User :   Sure
User :   I have also taken nacfil along with the novelon and glyciphage
Doctor :   Ok

Doctor :   Were you getting normal periods before with medication?
User :   Yes
Doctor :   Fine
Doctor :   Did you report back to your gynec
User :   No. not yet
Doctor :   and get the PCOD status updated?
User :   ok
Doctor :   That is required
Doctor :   to see how the PCOD has progressed
Doctor :   how is the response to the treatment for 3 months
Doctor :   that has to be assessed
User :   Shall I tell you my follicle sizes when she prescribed the medication?
Doctor :   Sure, but it is good to make progressive assessments

Doctor :   to see the changes
User :   ok
Doctor :   rather than a single test
User :   So I may not be pregnant now?
Doctor :   As the test is negative
Doctor :   it is not confirmed
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor