Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

PCOD suspicion - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: Women's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
User :   Hello
Doctor :   I
User :   hello doctor
Doctor :   Yes do you have some medical queries, you can ask me here
User :   yes .. i am 29 yrs old and married
User :   dont have any plans of havig children anytime soon atleast 1 -2 yrs
User :   i hear a lot of my friends having problems like PCOD etc.
User :   How can I get myself checked for all of these problems
User :   ive never been to a gynaec before !
Doctor :   The PCOD is suspected if you are overweight, irregular periods and have hair on the face with untreatable acne
User :   i hv been getting periods much more frequently than normal
User :   and have been trying to loose weight -- unsuccesffuly
User :   getting my thyroid checked today
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Ok good
Doctor :   Along with it, you can ask for Serum LH and FSH levels to screen whether you have PCOD or not
User :   thanks a lot doctor
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Related questions you may be interested in
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor