Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

PCOD. On metformin and myotol f. Took fertigyn injection. Will ovarian drilling help in conceiving? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 12-Jun-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Getting Pregnant
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2585 Questions
Doctor:Good evening
Doctor:xxxxxxxxxx here
User:Hello doctor
Doctor:Please proceed with your query
User:I need to discuss about ovulation problem
Doctor:Please proceed
User:I have PCOD
User:doc says it is minor problem
User:she has put me on metformin ( glycomet SR tablets ) and myotol -f
User:this cycle she did scan - follicular study
Doctor:That is the right treatment for PCOD
User:eggs were of good size
User:but they do not rupture
User:that did not help in rupturing
User:she also gave fertigyn injection
User:in last 4 months I have lost about 3 kgs
User:my cycles are regular
Doctor:Sorry to hear your concerns
User:what could be next approach
User:will ovarian drilling help ?
Doctor:Yes, you could opt for it as well
User:will that be painful ? do I need to get admitted ?
User:I do not want to disclose these problem to my parents as that will add more stress to me
Doctor:It would not be paiful
Doctor:you need to get admitted
Doctor:It could be done as a day care procedure
User:is this a serious issue.. I get stressed a lot thinking will I concieve
Doctor:No, it is not a serious concern
Doctor:It is a very common ailment among women
User:what is right time for this procedure ?
User:I mean during which day of cycle this needs to be done ?
Doctor:It is done in the mid cycle
User:oh ok
Doctor:The exact day could be decided upon by the treating gynecologist
User:I do not eat bakery items
User:but I cannot stop eating rice
User:I eat less
User:but cannot eat roti or oats
User:can you please suggest some food diet
Doctor:That is good
User:I walk 40 mins daily
Doctor:That is good too
User:I get stressed a lot thinking about my health, so please suggest some options to improve my health
Doctor:I do not see a reason for you to be stressed
Doctor:You are doing the rights
Doctor:The only think you need to do is to avoid stress
User:I try to keep busy so that I do not think too much about pregnancy
Doctor:Are you married?
Doctor:What is your age?
User:trying to have a baby
User:I am 28 now
Doctor:See, this is your stress
User:trying from last 10 months, but on medicine only from 4 months
Doctor:You are trying to have a baby and that itself is the stress that you are taking
Doctor:Probably thinking too much
User:now we know ovulation is problem
Doctor:Instead, you could discuss with your gynecologist with all the solutions for you and just go ahead with the treatment plans
Doctor:There is just no point in worrying
User:yes, we are talking to her
User:she is helping us too
User:I am active person, so I get worried as to why this is happening to me
User:she told me there is nothing to worry, but sometimes I suddenly feel a lot stressed
Doctor:You must learn to destress
Doctor:It would help you a lot
Doctor:It happens
Doctor:I understand your worry
Doctor:But you should think positively and think for the best always
User:yes, I try and do that..
User:so as she has suggested I will go with ovarian drilling
Doctor:Please go ahead
Doctor:Nothing to worry about
Doctor:All should go well with you
User:thank you doctor
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor