Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

PCOD, Increased weight - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Good Posted in: Diet Plans
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   I am
User :   i had PCOD
User :   problem
User :   due to which my weihgt is increasing
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   You need to do 3 things for weight
Doctor :   1. exercise 2. Dietary modification/diet rich in fruits and vegetables 3. Glyciphage
User :   ya but even if i diet it wont help
Doctor :   1. exercise 2. Dietary modification/diet rich in fruits and vegetables 3. Glyciphage
Doctor :   not just diet
User :   and what is this Glyciphage
Doctor :   This is medication commonly used for PCOD
User :   ok
User :   so can i get this medicine at any medical store
User :   or any specifc store
Doctor :   Please consult your Doctor and get the prescription
Doctor :   Do not buy frompharmacy directly
User :   ok
User :   thanks
Doctor :   What is your height and weight?
Doctor :   How old are are you?
Doctor :   Do you have regular cycles?
User :   no
User :   my height is 5.1'
User :   and weight is 83
User :   :(
User :   i dont have regular cycles
User :   for my cycle i need to have Meprate every month
User :   for 5 days
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   You need to work hard on exercise part
Doctor :   we have a dietician , do u need help?
User :   and before this i took mataday 1000 mg and krimson 35 for 3 yes
Doctor :   she will individualize ur diet
User :   ok
User :   then it is helpfull
Doctor :   Meprate How many you take
Doctor :   go to panel healthcaremagicx.hcl and put a request for diet counselling
User :   1 per day
User :   ok
Doctor :   so u use 1 tab every day
Doctor :   for 30 days'
Doctor :   every cycle
User :   yes
User :   ya
Doctor :   it is like contraceptive
User :   but after i had stopped taking those medicines
Doctor :   but do you get blkeedig
User :   my weight had increased to 20 kg
User :   ya
User :   scanty
User :   not much
Doctor :   I know
Doctor :   ur weight increase with meprate
User :   oh is it
User :   but doctor said it will not have any side effects
Doctor :   why u stopped meprate
User :   no
User :   i had stoped metaday and kromson
User :   krimson*
Doctor :   r u taking it now
User :   not meprate
User :   im still taking it
User :   for regular periods
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   mataday 1000 mg is metformin
Doctor :   it ias glycyphage
Doctor :   r u taking this now?
User :   no
User :   i had stopped it
User :   my dr said to stop it
User :   please guide me
User :   what to take what not
User :   coz im very much confused
Doctor :   Even though Metaday does not directly help in menses
User :   hmmm
User :   then what to do
Doctor :   it is very good fontrollong metabolic problems assocated with PCOD
Doctor :   That means there is a insuline defect leading high glucose and weight gain i PCOD
Doctor :   The Metaday will help you in long run
Doctor :   So you can take it 500mg BID
Doctor :   DO you follow
User :   ok
Doctor :   Just blindly follow my advise. This is evidence medicine fact
User :   ok
Doctor :   Inaddition to Kresion use this
User :   Krimson is a contraseptive pill rite
User :   shall i start taking it also
Doctor :   What is ur age?
User :   27
Doctor :   Krimson is contraceptive but here it is not used for burth control instead used to control harmones and to regularise cycles
Doctor :   as long as u do not want children u can continue
Doctor :   Are you married?
User :   yes
Doctor :   Do you used get regy\ular cycles with Kremson?
User :   yes
Doctor :   How about without Krimson
User :   til the time i took those two tables means Krimson and Mataday 1000mg
User :   all was good only
User :   even bleeding was also good
Doctor :   xWere you getting regular bleeding with Krimson/before krimson
User :   and weight is also controled
Doctor :   Then why it was strated
Doctor :   then why doctor started Krimson
Doctor :   for Contraception or regularise cycles
Doctor :   Hello
User :   for regular periods
Doctor :   Are you there
Doctor :   ok
User :   ya ya
Doctor :   Are you trying to conceive ?
User :   no not now
Doctor :   Pregant?
Doctor :   OK
User :   noops
Doctor :   Why?
Doctor :   Career?
User :   not exactly
User :   but dont want it now
User :   will plan next year
Doctor :   Did ur husband like ur throight
User :   but before that i need to reduce weight
Doctor :   yea.
Doctor :   That is weight my point
User :   it dont matters to him
Doctor :   PCOD complicates for infertility
User :   yes
Doctor :   All should be taken care of
User :   that is my main concern
User :   im worried for that only
Doctor :   if u r on track and desiring to to have children , it may take time/
User :   but every one always say reduce weight
User :   before conciving
User :   otherwise it wil create problems
Doctor :   That is good idea
Doctor :   Try for 6 mo
Doctor :   Be vigourous in weight loss program
Doctor :   go to panel and request dietary consultation
Doctor :   Ok
User :   ok
Doctor :   Nice chattinfg with you
User :   and regarding medication
Doctor :   continue the same
User :   shall i start krimson and metaday
Doctor :   YES
Doctor :   if u want kids, stop Krimson
Doctor :   cont metaday
Doctor :   ask ur GUN
User :   k
User :   ya sure
Doctor :   *GYN
Doctor :   Bye
User :   thanks alot for ur time Dr
User :   bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor