Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Overweight, higher body mass. Suggest to lose weight - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 01-Mar-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Weight Loss
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User:hi, doctor
Doctor:Dr XXXXXXX here, please proceed with your query
Doctor:Please go ahead with your query
User:i had taken a fitness test, in that my weight and body mass seems to b on the higher side
User:iam 32 yrs and 167cm height
User:my weight is 72.5kg
User:so i wanted to know that how can i reduce my weight
User:i put up weight ,say last 1.5yrs or so
Doctor:Your BMI according to your weight and height is 25.5
User:before tat it was never gone beyond 65kg
Doctor:That means, its just overweight
Doctor:Okay.. May be your day to day activities have gone down
Doctor:The best way to lose weight is by exercise
User:and also i eat a lot sweets
Doctor:You need to exercise regularly on a daily basis
User:backery sweets actually
Doctor:You should decrease the amounts of sweets.
User:wt type of excercises dr ?
Doctor:because they give you heavy calories
Doctor:Any type of exercise is fine as long as you do them regularly
Doctor:and at least for 30-45 minutes daily
Doctor:jogging, cycling, swimming, playing any outdoor game will do
User:any particular excercise machine that suits
Doctor:if possible you can play football, badminton, basketball
Doctor:It is preferable to go out jog a few miles everyday, but if you prefer a machine
Doctor:then I would suggest you to buy a jogger(Treadmill)
Doctor:and more important thing, please get your blood sugar levels checked once now
Doctor:and every year after that
Doctor:is there anything else you would like to discuss?
User:nothing else
User:thank you dr
Doctor:Okay, Thank you for consulting me. Goodnight
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor