Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Over weight, want to reduce - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 01-Mar-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User:GM Doctor
Doctor:how can I help u today ?
User:just need to check.....
User:will share history 1st
User:i was overweight till 2008.....the weight was around 80-82 kg
User:then i started diet and gym session after which the weight was around 20 kg
User:ie my weight was arnd 63-65 is 2008 end....
User:and then i stop my diet session and conituned my gym session
User:the weight started increasing and it was upto 75-77 kg....which my Trainer told is in proper manner to the height i have
Doctor:may i know ur height ?
User:now from around last year i have stopped my gym session due to lack of time......and know my weight is around 85-87 kg
Doctor:for your height , the ideal weight is around 75
User:now am fear...that i am go diabetic
Doctor:since you have been through the basics of workout and diet, it is easy for you to get back into shape
User:and may close to heart diseases also
Doctor:may i know your age ?
Doctor:Are u there ?
Doctor:have u had any medical checks so far ?
User:and now a days my choresterol intake is also more
Doctor:your current BMI is around 26
Doctor:so , that is quite fine ,
Doctor:but u should let it be and start seriously thinking about changing in lifestyle and diet patterns
User:but want to get into shape and need to stop the excess intake of junk food
User:should i go for a routinue check-up
User:atleast a ECG
Doctor:it is more common among all of us , to give fitness a 3rd or 4th priotiry in their list
Doctor:fisr is always work and income
Doctor:2nd is family and friends
Doctor:there is no need to do any tests, unless you have any medical issues
Doctor:you can check your Blood pressure, and basic physical examination , done
Doctor:if anything is wrong , a panel of tests can be done
Doctor:start taking diet and exercise a bit more seriously and make it part of your daily routine
Doctor:just like you brush ur teeth daily, try to include 45 mins of exercise in your daily routine
Doctor:that should keep you fit and fine
Doctor:have you followed my suggestions ?
Doctor:you are welcome
Doctor:Is there anything else you want help with ?
User:No Thanks
User:just wanted to know shld i go ahed and do ECG or so
Doctor:ok, thanks for consulting with us,
Doctor:at the age of 27, there is no need for ECG, unless there are issues and signs and symptoms
User:Done :-)
Doctor:ok take care and have a good day
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor