Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Ovarian cyst for a 17 year old girl - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2584 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the test chat with our doctor. The duration of the test chat is 5 minutes. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page.
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   i have an cyst onmy ovary. its small. but how do i know when its geting biger?
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Please provide these details -Age: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Weight and Height.
User :   17 student single 110 5 1
Doctor :   When was the cyst diagnosed and what symptoms do you have now?
User :   3 nites ago. stomache pain
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   Are your periods regular?
User :   yes
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   Did you get a scan done?
User :   yes
Doctor :   Is there any nausea or vomitting ?
User :   there was yes
Doctor :   A solitary cyst can usually regress by itself spontaneously with
Doctor :   appropriate pain medications.
Doctor :   Some hormonal pills as prescribed by your Gynaec can reduce the size gradually.
Doctor :   In the rare situation where the cyst wont respond to either measures and gets large, then surgery may be needed.
Doctor :   Most ovarian cysts regress
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor