Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Otoscope suggested for swelling below the ear - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you ?
User :   Hello Doctor... I have pain in my left ear. I see a small swelling below the ear. could you pls suggest some medication?
Doctor :   Ok.
Doctor :   May I know since when you are having this problem ?
User :   since this saturday.
Doctor :   Ok.
User :   this is the first time i have this problem.
Doctor :   Do you have any discharge from the ear ?
User :   No discharge in ear... I can see lot of wax in my ear. i had cold till wednesday. Now i have no cold, just ear pain.
Doctor :   oK.
Doctor :   There is a small connection through the throat to the ear and can cause ear infection.
User :   ok...
Doctor :   You have to start with an antibiotic treatment.
Doctor :   And has to be seen By an ENT with the help of an otoscope
Doctor :   For any tympanic membrane rupture or any otitis media
Doctor :   Please do not neglect and would suggest you to go immediately.
User :   ok. thanq. could you pls suggest a antibiotic for this night so that I can consult doc tomorrow morning?
Doctor :   I shall give you an 1.NSAID - Brufen 600mg tab. twice daily. And I should not be prescribing you an oral antibiotic for that a sit is against medical ethics, 2. Ciplox drops two-three drops thrice daily.
Doctor :   Hope you have followed.
Doctor :   Do you have anything else I can help you with ?
User :   thats great. thanq.
Doctor :   Thank you for consulting me, Take care, Bye for now.
User :   bye for now :-)
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor