Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Otitis media surgery - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 680 Questions

Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :  
how can i help you?
User :   Is there anything a doctor Or Someone who can do surgery Do something for someone who has Otitis media really frequently? To prevent it
Doctor :  
surgery is done by a doctor
Doctor :  
and yes surgical procedures are done to cure and to prevent the otitis media
User :   What Job does the Dr do?
User :   In the ear?
Doctor :  
he does the clearance of the otitis and possible repair of the hearing mechanism if damaged by the otitis
User :   A Family Doctor can do that procedure?
Doctor :  
no it has to be an ENT surgeon
User :   So a doctor will recommend the patient to an ENT suregon?
Doctor :   yes the family doctor if not an ENT specialist will refer you to ENT surgeon

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor