Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Osteoporosis, 75 years old - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Osteoporosis
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 674 Questions

Doctor :   hi
Doctor :  
how can i help u
User :   Good morning, Doctor
User :   I wanted to know what you would recommend for osteoporosis
User :   This query is for my mother who is 75 years old and has a bent spine
Doctor :   does she have any heart or respiratory problem

User :   She has the usual calcium supplements but not sure if that is sufficient
User :   No she has neither problem
Doctor :  
then calcium supplemnt with vitamin Dtabs are best
User :   She also has some back pain
User :   I have heard that the calcium supplement does not get absorbed and is excreted from the system mostly
User :   Vitamin D we will try.
Doctor :  
thats why the calcium tablets are big
Doctor :  
it comes as an combination

Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor