Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Orthroscopy to detect torn ligaments - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2586 Questions

User :   hello?
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   I ran down a hill while on a hike on some trails, When I fell, I dislocated my shoulder. When I got up, I located it back, but then I blacked out and couldn't feel my arm. Now (6 months later) my tendon on my lower bicep won't stop swelling. I thought I tore my ligaments, could it be something else?
Doctor :   ok, age gender
User :   20 female
Doctor :   swelling is the same
User :   yes
Doctor :   or is it increasing or on and off
User :   always the same
Doctor :   redness and pain
User :   pain..thats it
User :   please tell me if you think it might be something else.
Doctor :   does it increases after any work
User :   No
User :   It is always the same
Doctor :   painkillers you can take
User :   I am on a timed limit, as you would know...and I really need to know if you think it might be more then just a tore ligament.
Doctor :   swelling is too much that restricts your work
User :   No.
User :   Well, sometimes.
Doctor :   go for orthroscopy ,that confirms any ligament tear dont delay
Doctor :   do as early as possible

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor