Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Orthokeratology to remove myopia in children - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Growth and Development in Children
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
User :   hi
Doctor :   Dr XXXXX
Doctor :   Please proceed with your query
User :   My doaughter is little myopic. Is there a way to control that from increasing and a way to decrease the same?
Doctor :   what is her current visual acuity?
User :   she is now 5 years
Doctor :   How long back was the opthalmologic examination done?
User :   -1.0
User :   Long back
User :   She is using specs
Doctor :   If she did not have check up in last six months she should have a complete eye check up done
Doctor :   As in children the power of spectacles changes very rapidly due to changes in the lens as the child grows
Doctor :   Is the specs she is using is for continous use or for periodic use
Doctor :   Since she is only five years old a treatment known as "Orthokeratology" should be considered as a nonsurgical procedure for reversal of myopia in children.
Doctor :   This procedure can be done for children of her age.For more details on procedure consult a Lasik eye surgeon
Doctor :   Have you followed what i have said
Doctor :   Are you there?
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor