Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Oral contraceptive pills, side effects - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions

Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :  
How can I help you?
User :   Sir, I am looking for an oral contraceptive pill for my wife
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
May I know her age?
User :   we were using nordette for a while and it worked fine
Doctor :  
User :   33 years
Doctor :  
That is norethisterone
Doctor :  
What type of contraception are you looking for?
User :   but then we switched to marfelon and she is experiencing side offects like appettie increas
Doctor :  
User :   so now we want something simil;ar to nordette composition
User :   can you suggest one?
User :   oral contraceptive is what we are looking for
Doctor :   It has to be taken on prescription only
User :   what is the name?
Doctor :  
So I wont be able to prescribe it here
User :   can you suggest me one which can be taken/brought over the counter?
User :   similar to nordette?
Doctor :  
OCPs are not OTCs
Doctor :  
Also brand names are different in different countries
Doctor :  
Visit a Obstetrician
User :   well i am in kuwait...
Doctor :  
and he/she will suggest you the best one
User :   we have here marfellon, AAAAAAA gynera
Question is related to
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor