Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

One testticle causing fertility problem - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Pregnancy
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions

Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
Doctor :   I have to close this chat window as you have moved away from the chat, please log in again if you need further medical advice.
Doctor :   hi
User :   Hi there Doc
Doctor :   how can i help you
User :   Got a question for u
Doctor :   ok
User :   If a male has only one testicle will that be a hurdle for being a father ?
Doctor :   no
Doctor :   there is no hurdle
User :   Since birth I am facing this problem
User :   Is there a need to get it operated as such ?
Doctor :   did oyu have a check up with doctor
User :   I guess when I was a kid that time I had
User :   But the doc said even if it is not operated that is fine
Doctor :   did you underwent any investigations
User :   Any advice on the same
User :   I really don't recall that. It was a long time back
Doctor :   some times the testicle will not be descended in some people, it may still be in the abdomen
Doctor :   it is called undescended testis

Doctor :   if one testicle is missing, try to look for another which may be in the abdomen
User :   Hello Doc u ther ?
Doctor :   are you back
User :   Yeah had to make the online payment to chat with u for more info
Doctor :   thanks
Doctor :   i will ask certain questions
User :   As u mentioned to me about the testicle information, could you suggest where I can get the treatment done ?
User :   Sure
Doctor :   For Health purposes please provide your Age, Gender, Location, Occupation, Marital status
User :   Age : 28
User :   Gender : Male
User :   Location:
User :   Occupation : IT professional
Doctor :   ok
User :   Marital Status : Married
Doctor :   since when oyu noticed you had a single testicle
User :   As I mentioned to u it was from birth
Doctor :   ok
Doctor :   is the other testicle in place, that is in the scrotum
User :   Yes the other one is inplace
User :   The left one that is
User :   Right one is missing
Doctor :   did you underwent any kind of investigations done to know for the missing testicle
User :   Nothing as of now but maybe when I was a kid. At that time the doc had advised to get it operated
Doctor :   ok
User :   But I guess that it did not proceed any further after that
Doctor :   for what reason he advised operation
User :   I really dont recall
Doctor :   any ultrasound scan of abdomen done
User :   Can you suggest any doctor or a Hospital where I can go personally and get myself checked on that ?
User :   Nope
Doctor :   as i told you while in foetus the testes will be formed in the abdomen and later descends down to the scrotum
Doctor :   single testicle may either dur to complete absense of formation or faliure of formes testis to descend in to the scrotum
Doctor :   i suggest you have to check up with a surgeon to know the position of the other testes
User :   SO what do u suggest can be done in that case ?
Doctor :   if it is found in the abdomen, with the surgery it is brought back to the scrotum
Doctor :   Leaving the testis undescended longer than this, damages that testicles ability to produce adequate number of sperm in the future
Doctor :   you need to undergo Ct scan or MRi scan
User :   K can u suggest the places where I can get it done
Doctor :   where are you located?
User :   Pune (India)
Doctor :   At present we do not have facility for Pune, we have only for the Bangalore at present
User :   K
User :   My sex life is going fine no hassels as yet
Doctor :   Have an physical examination done by a Urologist
User :   K
User :   Although I also had another concern
Doctor :   there will be no problem of becoming father if you have a single testes
Doctor :   ok
User :   The size of my penis is also very small when not in erect position as in it is around less than half a inch
User :   Although when erect it crosses 4 and a half inch
Doctor :   the only way to increase the size of penis is by cosmetic surgery
User Is it normal to be of that size when not erect
User :   I dont intend to do a surgery fo it
Doctor :   ok
User :   am happy the way it is
User :   Just had a concern on my mind if that is normal
Doctor :   the size of the penis does not matter for having intercourse
User :   Gotcha
Doctor :   do you have any other queries
Doctor :   are you there
User :   Nope I guess that should be it thankxx for ur help
Doctor :   kindly fill the feed back form
User :   Btw wats ur name if you dont mind?
User :   Done that
Doctor :   any other queries
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic.
Doctor :   Please refer your friends to our service.
Doctor :   You can chat with a doctor for any medical query here.
Doctor :   are you back
Doctor :   are you there
Doctor :   are you there
Doctor :   I have to close this window since there is no response from your side, please get back to us if you need further medical advice. We are available round the clock.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor