Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Oligospermia - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Men Sexual Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2569 Questions
User :   Hi my hubby's sperm count is 2% is it possible that we can reproduce a child ? Am 27 n he is 30 years old.
Doctor :   hello
User :   hi me n my hubby is trying for a baby n we did not achieve success we have gone thru every tests n it seems low sperm count
User :   hi am XXXXXXXX
Doctor :   rest of the report was normal ?
User :   yes
User :   but he smokes n drinks a lot too
User :   is it possible that we can reproduce a child?
User :   u ther ?
Doctor :   well low sperm count is clearly related to smoking and alcohol
User :   is it curable
Doctor :   it can be increased
Doctor :   i will give you all the details
User :   any medicine for that
User :   when n how ?
User :   plz doc it has become a stigma for us
User :   plz help
Doctor :   right now i will tell you what can be done
User :   ok
Doctor :   to begin with HE SHOULD STOP SMOKING
User :   alright
Doctor :   is he over weight ?
User :   yes he is 6 feet tall n 90 kgs
Doctor :   he has all signs that cause low sperm count
Doctor :   he needs to lose weight and exercice
User :   so what can be done doc ?
Doctor :   as that produces testosterone
User :   ok
User :   no medicine could help
Doctor :   whcih is must for sperm production
User :   in ur opinion after how many years we can reproduce ?
Doctor :   does he has a stress related life
Doctor :   ?
User :   yep
User :   we did lov marriage
User :   my in laws r not happy
Doctor :   not smoking, not drinking alcohol or caffeine excessively and not using recreational drugs, which can all lower sperm counts. It is also important not expose the testicles to high temperatures, such as from hot tubs, which can reduce the production of sperm.
User :   he use to bathe with warm water 365 days
User :   n he is in insulation industry
Doctor :   Treatment include improving the diet, losing weight as needed, not smoking, reducing alcohol and caffeine intake, and avoiding hot tubs, tight underwear, and other factors that may create excessive heat around the testicles and reduce sperm count.
User :   n is also a gadget freak laptop n mobiles
User :   no medicine means
User :   i think it will take another year or two for so
Doctor :   he need to see a ENDOCRINOLOGIST
Doctor :   you are both young
Doctor :   you can reverse it by healthy lifestyle
User :   am 26 n he is 30
User :   we r seeing urinologist
User :   he said his testicles needs to be operated
User :   we were afraid
Doctor :   you should seek a second opinion
User :   ok bye doc we were told these things many times i thought u people will provide help
User :   extraordinary'
User :   sorry to bother
Doctor :   i know you are upset and i can only guide you
User :   bye take care
Doctor :   please do follow atleast what i have told you
Doctor :   bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor