Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Old aged, swelling in legs, hands evenly, pain. Why this is happening? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 19-Mar-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 106 Questions
User:Hi Mam, this is XXXXXXX here
Doctor:Kindly proceed with the query.
User:Doctor! i have a query about my mom's health
Doctor:yes tell me
User:she have an issue like her legs and hands get swelling evenly without any issues
Doctor:from how long is this
User:It seems she suggested a doctor and he gave all sort of tests like BP and some blood tests
User:she has this issue for 6 months + or - few day
User:seems all the reports came positive
Doctor:so she has blood pressure
Doctor:any other medical illness
User:BP was normal
User:no medical illness
Doctor:did you do her kidney profile tests
Doctor:blood sugar.
Doctor:How old is she
User:years old
Doctor:ok, does she do any form of exercise
User:Hope, no!
Doctor:any pain in legs or joints
User:yes she has
User:especially more when her legs and hands swells
Doctor:Does she have this swelling more in the mornings
Doctor:have you done RA factor tests
User:some times she even calls my brother or some one in home
User:what is RA factor test?
Doctor:for ?
Doctor:This is used to test rheumatic factor
User:to bring her up! since she felt like legs are not responsive
User:We have not done this test untill now
Doctor:It is better you do it, is the shape of her hands changed
User:No! once the swelling is not there she feels normal and no change in shaped
Doctor:have you done any x XXXXXXX till now.
User:not sure!
Doctor:Does she have family history of arthritis
User:What is Rheumatic factor, since am hearing this term for the first time
Doctor:This is to check for arthritis
Doctor:You will need go to orthpedic surgeon
Doctor:also x XXXXXXX needed
Doctor:one sec
User:sure mam
Doctor:Yes you will need to go to an orthopedician for these tests
User:sure mam
User:Thanks for your suggestion doctor!
Question is related to
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor