Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

OCD / GAD - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Anxiety and Stress
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :  
How can I help you?
User :   Hi i woke up this morning
User :   and felt it was hard to breathe like to i felt like i had to take deep breaths and they werent fufilling
User :   and i also had chills allilte bit i searched the symptoms on webmd and it said it was General anxiety
User :   Generilzed anxiety disorder
User :   my breathing is feeling better now but is this normal?
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
Do you have any other symptoms like wheezing
Doctor :  
Chest pain
User :   no
User :   no
User :   heartburn occasionally
Doctor :  
Thirsty or sweat
User :   if that counts
User :   no
User :   allitle thirsty because i just woke up
Doctor :  
Ok that does not count
User :   im just feeling allitle panicky because of the feelings
Doctor :  
As you remember we once discussed previously about the anxiety
User :   i work out everyday i eat good i dont understand but i did smoke marijuana for along time and quit its my 3d week
User :   yes i remember
Doctor :  
so anxiety is still there with you
Doctor :  
Do start with muscle relaxation technique
Doctor :  
which will reduce your anxiety
Doctor :  
I am going to tell you how to do them now
User :   okay thank you
Doctor :  
you focus on slowly tensing and then relaxing each muscle group.
Doctor :   say hand
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
then arm
Doctor :  
then calf
Doctor :  
then fist
Doctor :   You become more aware of physical sensations.

Doctor :   One method is to start by tensing and relaxing the muscles in your toes first
Doctor :   and progressively working your way up to your neck and head.

Doctor :   tense your muscles for at least 5 seconds
Doctor :   then relax for 30 seconds, and repeat.
User :   i do feel a bit better
User :   should i see a theripist
Doctor :   you may
Doctor :  
Each tme you have such symptoms
Doctor :  
you can start focusing on the muscle group tensing and relaxing
Doctor :  
Start in one order
User :   i also have this problem where if i leave a open water bottle out and i come back i cant drink it i feel it could be drugged or poisoned
Doctor :  
start from toe to head
Doctor :  
or start from head to toe
Doctor :  
In fact I wish you see a Psychologist
User :   okay
User :   but i wont die from any of this right?
User :   i had a bad experiance with drugs and now its like i am deathly afraid of illegial drugs i cant explain it
Doctor :   No not at all

User :   will this blow over in time?
User :   im only 16
Doctor :  
hey it is all in your mind, nothing will happen to you
Doctor :  
as long as you are adjusting to the things I mention
User :   also why do i feel better outside
User :   like in the outdoors
User :   because every single night i sit in my hottub for about an hour or 2 and i feel alot better
Doctor :  
Good this is something interesting and goo
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
Sitting in a hot bath tub is one kind of relaxing the mind
Doctor :  
The hot water acts as an irritant that eases you while you bother about the non sense that come in your mind
Doctor :  
You can use this tip once in while to relax
Doctor :  
You need Cognitive behavioural therapy with the help of Psychologist
Doctor :  
I am sure you get better
Doctor :  
with this
Doctor :  
Are you with me?
Doctor :  
Doctor :  
I have to close the window as you are not responding. Please chat with our doctors 24/7 for medical queries.
Doctor :   Are you back?
Doctor :   I have to close the window as you are not responding. Please chat with our doctors 24/7 for medical queries.

Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Other doctor chats you may be interested in
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor