Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Noticed skin tags in neck region and under arms. How to get rid of skin tags? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 02-Nov-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:Hello Dr
User:it's been few days i am noticing some sking tags on my neck region and under arms
User:am not sure, how to get those removed
Doctor:Skin tags are difficult to be removed by medical options.
User:need you help on what needs to be done for that.
Doctor:The best and most effective method of removing it
Doctor:by surgical means like freezing and removal.
Doctor:A dermatologist can do this procedure very well.
Doctor:Have you followed?
Doctor:Do you have any other query?
User:nope..haven't visited any dermatologist till now to prevent them in future
Doctor:Skin tags occur due to unknown reasons;
Doctor:but some are caused by infection.
Doctor:Your dermatologist will be able to identify the cause of the tag.
User:oh...ok....Sure..will visit a dermatologist soon.
Doctor:A means to prevent it (if any) will be known thereafter.
Doctor:Therefore I suggest you to visit a dermatologist.
Doctor:Do you have any other query?
User:thats it as of now....Thank you Dr.
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
User:you are welcome.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor