Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Nose problem, retina shrink after accident - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
User :   hi Good morning
i have flue fom last a yera some time it goes to one side of nose & to another side of nose when i turn my self while sleeping or lying on bed
Please advise what is the problem i am tired of this sickness
Doctor :   hi
User :   Good morning sir
Doctor :   Dr. XXXXXXXX here. let me read what you have typed
User :   ok
Doctor :   what other symptoms do you have?
User :   onemore thing most often i have pain when i press theplace where nose ans throat meets each other
Doctor :   do you have running nose? do you have dust allergy?
Doctor :   do you face problems of sinusitis?
User :   no running nose
Doctor :   is there heavyness in head when looking down?
User :   no
User :   i think i have sinusitis
Doctor :   ok.
User :   bcoz when i kept my nose open with my hane the air goes through
User :   but it is from last 8 months almost
Doctor :   have you had an ENT check up done?
User :   yes but they give me some antibiotic
User :   but iit neve helps
User :   injection etc
User :   even drops etc
User :   is any relation between retina and nose
User :   ??
Doctor :   was anytime endoscopy was done to look at the inside of the nose?
User :   bcoz i have got accdent in 2002 and i didnot did operation i have a shrink on retina
User :   no
Doctor :   there is no relation between retina and nose, but there is relation of tear duct and nose, as tear duct opens in the nose
User :   i did not do endosocopy
Doctor :   ok. I would recommend you to have repeat ENT check up, ask for further investigations to rule out allergy problems and also rule out DNS (deviated nasal septum).
Doctor :   if DNS is found to be present, it has to be corrected to relieve your symptoms
User :   where i can do that?
Doctor :   first you have to meet an ENT surgeon, get re-examined
User :   ok
Doctor :   request further tests, he will get it done at appropriate place or his hospital
User :   ok i am in russia at the moment that is the problem
User :   icannot speak russian
Doctor :   ok. you can get an interpreter to speak for you
Doctor :   and meet the ENT surgeon
User :   ok
Doctor :   give detailed history
User :   thank you very much
Doctor :   and ask for f urther investigations
User :   one more think can i ask
Doctor :   yes, please proceed
User :   what about this shrink i have on my retina
User :   is it easy to operate
Doctor :   it has to be re-confirmed with an ophthalmologist, who will examine the retina and tell you if it can be corrected
User :   i was gone to doc. and examine everything
Doctor :   when was this done? how long back?
User :   but as he said he will not gaurntee that i can see back from this eye as it is very diffucult operation
User :   and as the moment i have 80% of vision on my that eye
Doctor :   ok
User :   2006
User :   so i left operation thete when he told me this
Doctor :   get a recheck done by a retina surgeon
User :   ok
User :   thanks dear
Doctor :   is there anything else I can help you with?
User :   no thankz
Doctor :   thanks for consulting me. bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor