Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Non retractable foreskin - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Men Sexual Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2581 Questions
User :   My foreskin covers my penis over the head and only retracts about half an inch (head mostly covered), i am 3 1/2 inches flacid and 5 inches erect, i am unable to retract when both flacid and erect. i know men can pull theirs down but when i try it does not go any further than i stated, i am 23 and was told that your foreskin should retract (showing glans) between 13 and 18, Please Help!
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   I am
User :   Hi
Doctor :   I shall read the query
Doctor :   Give me couple of minutes
Doctor :   The foreskin shall retract when flaccid or erect penis, for most of the me

Doctor :   men
Doctor :   This can start retracting or easily retractable for some
Doctor :   when they start having a good sexual life
Doctor :   So it is not necessary or dangerous to have a non retractable foreskin on the penis
Doctor :   If you have a problem in your sexual intercourse or masturbation , then you may consider going to a doctor for a physical examination
User :   my foreskin dosnt pull back but i can masturbate and ejaculate
Doctor :   Do you have pain while doing so?
Doctor :   Do you have active sexual life?
User :   only when i try to pull it over the head
User :   no
User :   no to active sexual life
Doctor :   As said by me earlier, your foreskin can get retracted once you start having an active sexual life
Doctor :   since you do not have problem with yoru current masturbation do not worry about it
Doctor :   If it does not retract even after initial sexual intercourses and have pain during sexual intercourse. then you should get a circumscision done by a Doctor
Doctor :   Where are you from?
User :   england
Doctor :   Were you not circumscised when you were born?
Doctor :   Ask your parents about it?
User :   no
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   That is the way you can go about it
User :   i heard you can rip something whilst having sex if you dont have an operation
Doctor :   If you want not to wait, then you can even go now to a Doctor who can recommend for a circumscision
Doctor :   That is not true

User :   is circumsition the only way or will it stretch out after sex
Doctor :   Yes it is the only way
Doctor :   The orifice of the foreskin, if it is too small for the glans to come out then the doctor shall ask you to go for the operation
User :   you said earlier that it not necesary dangerous to have non retracting foreskin
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   I still say that
Doctor :   Few men can stretch the orifice (enlarge) after initial sexual encounters
Doctor :   If it is not stretched then the next way to enlarge is to circumscise
User :   if that dosnt work
Doctor :   Which one?

Doctor :   The operation?
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor