Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Nipple pain, sensitive to clothing, male - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Excellent Posted in: Men's Health
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
User :   I am experiencing nipple pain for about a month now. I am a male 49 years old. They are very sensitive to clothing, even a seat belt.
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   I am
User :   hello
User :   any clue what might be wrong?
Doctor :   is the re any discharge from nipple?
User :   none
User :   no lumps that I can tell
User :   Have you ever heard of this?
Doctor :   Yes
User :   Does it just go away on it's own?
User :   Do you have any suggestions?
Doctor :   Do you have Gynecomastia?
Doctor :   Enlarged breast?
User :   no
Doctor :   Are you sexually active?
User :   Married for 9 years, one partner
Doctor :   Very good
User :   I keep thinking it will go away but I've had it for about a month now
Doctor :   I don't see any causes
Doctor :   like neuroma, lumps, discharge
Doctor :   By many say the compain
User :   no, just extreme sensitivity
Doctor :   ok
User :   I'm sorry what did you say "compain"?
Doctor :   you can apply LIDICAINE GEL
Doctor :   I saw people complain of the synptoms
User :   will that help? What to reduce sensitivity
Doctor :   But the symptos get better
Doctor :   Lidocaine is local anesthesis will decrease the sensisitivity
User :   Ok, it just has me worried because I don't have health ins right now due to losing my job
Doctor :   A long as there is no swelling, discharge , it is not worrisome
User :   Where are you located?
Doctor :  
Doctor :   India
User :   I thought you might be Indian. That's great! I always wanted to go there
User :   I will try the Lidocaine
Doctor :   ok
User :   Thanks for your help and re-assurance
Doctor :   bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor