Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Narrow food pipe with severe pain after acid ingestion - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Digestion and Bowels
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 40 Questions
Doctor :   hi
Doctor :   how can I help you?
Doctor :   please proceed with your health query
User :   Hello Docs, My mother is suffering with food pipe problem. When she was small, she ate some acid like thing (accidently) due to which her food pipe contracted. Since then she is can swallow only if it's smaller than pea size. Thus, liquid like things or rice food is no problem but many times pea or similar like things have been stuck in which took hours to bring out with lot of pain. But since last two months it's worsen, that food pipe has become more thinner. She consulted some doctors and at present they put steel pipe like thing in her mouth to make the foodpipe bigger which cause lot of pain & sometime blood too comes. The throught swells up and the food pipe again contracts after 3-4 days. Doctors asked her to take this treatment (of steel pipe) in every 10 days for 2 months. Please, please help me.....
Doctor :   Dr. XXXXXXXX here. let me read what you have typed.
User :   ok, Thanks for your time and if lack of time then please if possible we can continue by email: YYYY@YYYY
Doctor :   I think that for your case we will need to take the opinion of our panel of specialists, since she is suffreing since a long time
Doctor :   you can take help from our panel specilaist regarding her further treatment
Doctor :   and if anything else can be done
Doctor :   visit this link to consult our panel gastroenterologist
Doctor :   WWW.WWWW.WW Doctor :   and this link to consult ENT surgeon
Doctor :   WWW.WWWW.WW User :   I am trying... thanking you sir.
Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor